Chapter Thirteen

"Wait," Ana begins, "We can't leave Sylvia."

"We have no other choice," I say, "We can't risk her or her child getting hurt."

"We have to tell her we're leaving then," Sam says, her tone pleading.

"We don't have much time," I say, "You two go pack up your things, I'll let Sylvia know where we are headed."

They both nod, and we quietly open the door, shutting the light off behind us.

The two of them turn left down the corridor and I turn right, my body moving like a fox down the candle lined hallway.

I reach her and Hook's room. Luckily the door is cracked, so I gently push it open, slipping in.

Through the dark I see their bed, but only one outline of a body.

Suddenly there's a tap on my shoulder, I quickly turn around and come face to face with Sylvia.

"What are you doing here?" She whispers.
We walk back out to the hallway.

"We're leaving," I answer, matching her voice level.

"What?" Her tired eyes come alive with confusion.

"I didn't give mom and dad all the beans. Sam, Ana, and I are leaving as soon as they get their things. I'm sorry."

"No-don't be. I know I can't do anything dangerous in my state. Are you sure you guys will be okay though?"

"Yes. Besides I've always wanted to see New York," I smile, she returns it. Then, opens her hand.

"Here are some iD's. I used your first names but a different last name. Also there's a debit card for each of you. $100,000,000 okay?"

I chuckle a bit, and take them from her, "Should be good."

"Mom and Dad are going to kill you."

"We'll write them a note. It'll take time but they'll understand."

She nods, "I guess so."

We hug and pull apart, exchanging good byes.

"Incase we don't make it back, Arabella is a great girl name," I say laughing.

"Of course."

I start to retreat back down the corridor when her voice softly calls out again. "Arabell?"

"Yah?" I respond, turning.

"I hope you find him," she says with a hope filled smile.

"I will."

Then, I slip back through the flame lined walkway.

When I enter back into the room, Ana and Sam have their suitcases ready.

I hold up the cards, "Sylvia gave me these. We should be covered."

"This is going to be the first time we have to actually BUY things. Oh we should've thought about this more," Sam says, flustered.

Ana rolls her eyes, "we're going to say goodbye to Sylv."

"Cool, I'll write a letter that tells where we're going," I say.

They retrace my steps out the door, and I grab a piece of paper and a pen from my desk.

I write an explanation to my parents, complete with a somewhat heartfelt apology. Whatever anger they feel, they'll have to get over it. I don't care anymore.

I neatly fold the paper and set it down on the desk, writing their names on the front.

Sam and Ana slip back into the door.

"You ready?" I ask. They both nod.

We each grab our bags and stand in the middle of the room. Ana holds a bean in her hand.

"How does it work?" Sam asks.

"The book said you throw it and it opens a portal. To get to where you want to go all you do is think of it," Ana explains.

She throws the bean, before it even hits the ground a green light appears. Not an eerie green, but a vivid one. The kind that's full of life and energy.

The light starts to spin and fold into the floor, causing a vortex in the ground in front of us. Wind races around the room, wildly bouncing off the walls.

We make eye contact with one another.

"Ready?" I shout.

"Yes," They reply in unison.

"On three," Sam yells. "One, two, three-"

We jump, and just like the portal that brought me to this realm, world fades away, and I fall into a twist of the unknown.

Hiiii sorry for how short this chapter is, but don't worry a lot is coming up. Thank you sooo much for reading. It means a lot to me :)