Chapter Six

The reception was perfection. Everything went according to plan, and I didn't get chastised once. Mostly because Snow and Charming were busy drinking umm "fairy juice".
The party lasted till about four in the morning. Yet, like all good things, it ended. Now I lie here in bed forced to come face to face with my thoughts.

Thousands of questions race through my mind. Who sent the birds? Why could only I see them? What did the poem mean?

I reach under my pillow and pull out the rough parchment, carefully analyzing it under the light of my bedside lamp.

It's probably a sick joke," Part of me whispers, "Some fairy wanted to mess with the precious princess."
No. It can't be. The message could have been, but not this. A fairy couldn't have casted such a spell. The spell had engulfed me, it was powerful. The greatest I'd ever felt.

Regina. Surely it had to be?
No, she couldn't gain access to this realm, even by carrier bird.

I shake my head and lie the papers next to me. It's no use.

I gently turn my light off and rest my head on the pillow. Moonlight flows through my room, gingerly calling me to sleep, but my brain resists. It's electricity piercing any state of bliss.
I've entered back into the world of mystery, and I'm not sure I ever wanted to return.

// sorry I know it's short :( I've been working on some other stories though. If you have any requests let me know :)