Chapter 30

Ashlyn's pov 

I sit in the safe shadows that the back seats provided, eyeing Aspen who sat a few seats away from me. Plotting my revenge silently, I smirk to myself before looking his way couple of more times. I return my attention to the teacher, not wanting to get caught staring at him.

"So, class... today we're going to be doing group work! And before any of you rudely interrupt me, I will be pairing you in groups of three!"

I groan, slumping in my chair glumly as I hope for the best. "Ava, Willow, and Maya, Josephine, Xander and Faith..." growing extremely bored already, I doodle badly drawn flowers on my desk waiting for my name to be called. My ears perk up when I finally get mentioned.

"Aspen, Katie, and Ashlyn."

Now, you'd think I would be upset with being paired with those two  but I was actually kind of excited. Maybe this can get me ahead of Aspen's stupid game.Or maybe I should just leave it as is. Maybe have my life go back to the way it was before Aspen showed up and ruined it.

Whatever.

I lamely dragged my chair to the table  they were already seated at. I plop down in my seat, staring down at my work sheet that was for English where you had to fill out the information for the book report.  

"So.." I clear my throat hesitantly, seeing Aspen smile at Katie, who was scooting her chair closer. Thank God I'm on the other side of the table. I roll my eyes to myself, deciding on what's the best book to read. I bit my pencil , a habit that I can't seem to shake off. 

I suddenly felt the table being shoved into my stomach, making me gasp and I push out my chair way too fast. Making my chair flip. I wheeze at the sudden loss of breath, looking up to glare at the two but realized what was under the table. My eyes widen as I happen to notice a bulge forming in Aspen's  pants as Katie stroked his leg up and down getting closer, I gag inwardly dying as I glance away, as I get off of the sticky cold floor. I swallow back the bile rising in my throat and stare down at my hands, feeling violated at what I just witnessed. 

Just my fucking luck being paired with these two . 

I angrily pick up my work sheet and pencil, stomping away from the disgusting table. I feel my heart lighten as I pass Vincent, seeing his eyes staring at me. When he realized I had noticed, his cheeks turned crimson as he quickly looked away. Awww! He's blushing !  The cute senior in a junior English class. I calm my fan girl moment as I strolled over to him, smiling softly.

"Hi, Ashlyn." He flashed me a pearly white grin, looking a bit flustered which made him seem even cuter.

 "Hey." I bite my lip, sitting next to him. I realize the rest of his group members were chatting with each other about a Halloween party tonight rather than working so I decided this the best time  to create small talk with Vincent. 

"So... How's Life?" I stumble around the subject, setting a smile to my face, probably looking a tomato.  He smirked looking rather smug as he casually explained things about his day  or whatever.I tried to play attention but I felt my eyes drifting away and finally, they snapped towards Aspen.

I feel my insides churn in disgust as I watch Aspen drag Katie onto his lap. Her face twisted into pleasure, stifling a quiet moan while Aspen had his hand under her flowing dress. Cameron will not be happy when he finds out.  Realizing I was staring at them, I quickly returned my attention to Vincent  but noticed he stopped talking, his eyebrow furrowed as he gazed at me in wonder. He breathed out a sigh, the corners of his lips tipping up as he slung his arm around the back of my chair.

 "I can help you make him very  jealous..." Vincent  offered, lowering his voice to a whisper.  I shoot him a skeptical look. "I don't like him at all. He can whatever he pleases." I scoff feeling disturbed while crossing my arms. Vincent let out a light chuckle , shaking his head, smirking in amusement.