Chapter 23

Ashlyn's pov:

We watched the whole movie without a word said between us. I mean, I wasn't complaining considering that it was one of my favorite movie and I didn't really feel like having a conversation at all, but it was weird that Cameron hadn't said anything at least one of his remarks of the movie. When I looked over, I understood why.

He was asleep. Mouth open, head back, and snoring slightly. He was sprawled out across on his bed, but not to the point where he was in my personal space.

He is still in his sports jacket and jeans, and I know that he can't possibly be comfortable in all that.

"Hey," I say as I shake his arm. He stirs a little bit, but doesn't show any sign of waking up. I try shaking him again, but when that doesn't work, I lean down to face level and just look at him for a moment.

And then it hits me. The smell of liquor.

I wrinkle my nose at the smell and lean away from him.

That explains quite a lot actually. Him coming to check on me and missing school.

But I am still going to wake him up. He needs a shower and brush his teeth.

I look around for a second and then pick up one of the pillows and slip off the bed. I throw the pillow at him as hard as I could and it hits him directly in the face.He comes flying off the bed at lightening fast speed and the next thing I know, I am pinned against the wall and he has his hands on my thorat.

I can't breathe.He is choking me. His hands is pushing my wind pipe and there is black spots forming around my eyes.

My eyes go wide and his eyes go wide in surprise as well and he just steps away from me, sitting down on the edge of the bed and putting his head in his hands.

I cough and cough and cough, hunching over for air.

Oh my god.

I just stare at him as I feel the tears blind my eye sight.

I wipe the tears that were slowly falling and wrap my arms around my stomach for comfort.

I don't know what just happened but I do know that Cameron just laid his hands on me. I thought of him for a lot of things. A confusing person, a liar, but never this.

I never thought he would lay a hand on me.

"I'm sorry," he mumbles through his hands and I just put a hand to my neck which feels sore. I think there is definitely going to be a bruise there. "I am really sorry. I have no idea what came over me," he says and then he looks up at me. His eyes widen when he notices me shaking and he stands.

I step back against the wall and he raises his hand in surrender, but he continues to walk closer. I slide down the wall and wrap my arms around my knees, letting my head fall, but I can still hear his footsteps as he moves closer, and when I lift my eyes, he is knelt in front of me.

I try to stop shaking, but I can't.

Cameron just looks at me and stretches a hand to me, and I cower away from him. But he comes closer anyways, resting his hand on my cheek.

His hand is warm and caresses my cheek and then leans back.

"I am going to get cleaned up," he says quietly and I just nod, keeping my position on the floor. He sighs and walks to his closet to get some clothes. He leaves to go to the bathroom.

I was trying to be funny like old times. To wake him up and get him out of bed and he attacked me. He pinned me against the wall and had a hand on my throat, trying to choke the life out of me.

What would trigger a response like that?

But then it hits me , I know exactly why he did it.

It brought him back to freshman year of football camp. Where he was physically tortured by the older boys on the team to be accepted. I know this because of all the bruises he would show up with at my house during summer and also because Cameron now does it to new set of freshmen that have joined the team.

He doesn't know that I know. And I rather keep it that way.

I am so deep in thought that I don't notice Cameron walk in until he is standing in front of me. I slowly look him over. Black sweats and white t shirt. His blonde hair damp and slicked back.

He takes a seat next to me and his knee touches mine and I can't help scoot away from him.

"Tell me why you're freaking out," he says softly.

"Tell me why you choked me," I say just as softly and his whole body gets tense. He doesn't answer my question, so I don't answer his.

"Why haven't you left yet?" He says and I just shrug, making sure my head was down.

"Because I don't know what scares me the most. The home that my parents always fight in or my Best friend that almost killed me." I say casually and wrap my arms around my stomach once more.

"And because your my ride home."

old 

A/n:

Ayoooooooo, loves. Two chapters up in one day. I'm so proud of myself. But cameron, I got admit he is something else. AM I right or AM I RIGHT? But hope you enjoy this chapter :). Until next time love bugs.

-delna