Chapter 14

A/n: This chapter continues from chapter 13:

Ashlyn pov:

I sat alone at lunch again, and just watched everyone. My eyes kept wandering over to where Aspen and where his posse are sitting.

The bottle blonde that was on his arm yesterday doesn't seem to be present and when I look around for a bit, I can see her sitting with Cameron and some cheerleaders. She has her head in her hands and by the way her back rises and falls rapidly, I can tell that she was crying.

Someone should of warn her about Aspen and his heart breaker ways. He doesn't do long relationships,not since HER. SHE was his everything.

And She was a good friend.

I look back to Aspen and his friends to see that they are in a deep conversation. About what? No idea, but Whatever it is, they seem pretty heated about it.

———————-

When school is out, I begin to walk to the front of the school. It started raining sometime between fourth and fifth period and it doesn't show any signs of stopping. It just pours and pours and I am really not looking forward to becoming a drowned rat to get home.

I watch the rest of my classmates run out to their cars and once the lot is almost completely empty, I begin to walk home.

"Come, get in" someone says quietly, and its hard to hear the voice over the pounding rain. I turn around to face a nice BMW. I know that car very well and who it belonged to. Aspen.

I continue to walk in the rain and completely ignored him. Until I felt two arms wrap around my waist and pull me easily to his chest. Aspen had laid his jacket over my shoulders.

I didn't say a word I wasn't in the mood to argue with him and make what ever we have worse.

I was going to take off my bookbag when, "Here I got it," he takes my bookbag from me and point toward his car, " get in", I just nod.

I slide into the passenger seat and buckle myself in, and then I pull the jacket closer to me. I didn't realize just how cold I was.

Aspen opens the driver door and slides in, closing the door behind him. He doesn't even bother putting his seatbelt before turning on the ignition and speeding down the road.
————-

The rain stops falling so hard and now just sprinkles here and there. I look through the window, lots of trees and rolling hills. All different colors and falling to the ground.

And then something hits me.

"Do you even know my name ?" I look over to him and he just keeps his eyes on the road.

"Of course I know your name. Its Chubbs." He smirks while keeping his eyes on the road

"No. My actual name. My birth name." I say

"Ashlyn Summers." He quietly whispers as he narrows his eyes.

I just sit there and watch the tree pass by us and when we reach my house I quickly gather my things.

"Thanks for the ride home" I say as I grab my bag and open the door, stepping out

I hear another door open and when I look back, Vincent had stepped out of his car. And then I hear another door close and Aspen has stepped out of his car.

"Oh, we aren't leaving right now" Vincent says

"Did you bring what I asked for?Aspen asks and Vincent simply nods his head and pulls a contanier of liquid from the trunk of the car.

"What are you guys going to do?" I ask and Aspen gives me a devious look. "Fine don't tell me. Just, don't burn down my house, I say and turn around. "I am going to take a shower and get cleaned up."

"Oh, let me join" Aspen calls out and I just flip him the finger and close the door behind me.

The house is dark due to the gray sky and the rainy weather, and I just continue through the hall way and up the stairs to my bedroom.I grab some leggings and huge sweatshirt that belongs to father and head to the shower. I make sure to make my shower short a simple, only taking about ten minutes in there before getting out and slipping on my comfy clothes.

I go to the front window and look out to the driveway to see the boys kneeling behindAspen's car, doing something, and When Aspen and Vincent both stand from behind his car, they are sweating through their shirts even though it is quite cold outside, and the are holding rags covered in black.

I open the front door and go outside. They are leaning against the car, talking about something and when Aspen turns around, he looks like something out of a movie.

His shirt clings to his chest which shows off every muscle and when the setting sun hist his face just right, the sweat glints. He looks good.

"You changed the oil of your car?" I say as I take the steps down the front porch. Both boys turn to look at me and just stare for a minute.

"Yeah, Aspen's car needed one badly."Vincent said and I walk to the front part of the car. I take one look at and cringe.

This is a mess.

"I think we did a pretty good job.What do you think Chubbs" I turn to face Aspen and I have to look up just to meet his eyes. Damn this boy is tall.

"Sure, at least its changed." I can't stop smiling

"You're so cute when you smile Ashlyn,may-" Vincent was interrupted by Aspen.

"Yea whatever, lets go Vincent ." Aspen slides into his car and Tyler waves a small wave before going into his car.

They both drove off. I sigh and turn around to go back inside the house.