Chapter 27

Ashlyn's pov

Homecoming is tonight and I swear to god if I have to keep hearing cheerleaders talking about how they are going with the most attractive boy in the entire school, I am going to slam my head against my Locker.

Very hard.

I am not big on dances. Clearly. Never have been to one. No one has ever asked me to go.

I lazily eyed everyone in the hallway, listening to these two girls talk about what they are going to wear for the dance tonight. I walked away annoyed already.

I sit down in the library, relaxing in my chair as the quiet consumes me. I was still smiling, I probably have been all day, I just couldn't help it. Remembering the events that occurred earlier today. I can't believe I had actually, like, played Aspen. I had tricked him first before he could trick me... But something in my heart didn't feel right. I guess I felt... A little guilty? I know I shouldn't after how much of a jerk he has been, but my heart still hurt for him after what he told me last night.

My brain still screamed it was some kind of joke, but my heart told me it seemed too real to be one.  Aspen said all he wanted was love, and no one could give him that.. Not his  girlfriends, not his friends, and not his parents. That's why I made a mental note to talk to him today- actually talk with him, not trying to make any more moves.

Suddenly, I felt a slight tap on my right shoulder, I look around to see who had tapped me but no one was there. Once I turned around the tapping begins and I groan as a burst of laughter comes from above me. I turn my head  and squint at who I see. 

"Aspen?" 

"The one and only." He grins cheekily.

"So..." He breath out, his laughter and smile completely gone. I stare at the typical library table that readers got to sit at, sighing. I just didn't know what to say.

"Er... I wanted to talk to you. Chit chat between two friends, ya know? Like maybe talk about the weather or school and-"

"Chubbs ." Aspen interrupted me, and I could see him rolling his eyes as I slouched in my chair. "Get to the point," He muttered, "Uh, right." I breath out. "I, um, well, uhhh..." I drawl out awkwardly, mentally face palming.

"Stop stuttering, okay? But seriously, what did you need to talk about? I don't have much time at the moment," he complained, checking the time on his phone without sparing me a second glance.

"I... You could come to my house, or I can go yours  to you know, talk? If y-" I ramble, but shut up when I realize he wasn't listening... He was just staring at me. Just staring at my face, studying me. "What I really, kind of wanted to say is.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to feel hurt the when spilled your guts out , and what I did earlier was inconsiderate, I feel like I was playing with your feelings so, I'm really sorry,Aspen," I say softly, my heart clenching in guilt as his eyes harden.

"Ashlyn, I don't get you. All people ever do is hurt, use, and play you, and what do you do? You apologize to them, when you did nothing wrong. Who does that? I've asked myself that everyday for the past week... Who does that? And I've finally found my answer, Ashlyn does that. She's that sweet girl that gets good grades and has golden boy as her best friend, and forgives everyone, but why? Because she's too good for this school, too nice for this world." His eyes flutter closed briefly before they snap open, his gaze on me seeming angry by his clenched jaw and his eyes formed into slits.

"So, my new question is, how the fuck do I get this goodie chubby  girl? She's too good for me, I already know but I can't help it. She's attractive,  nice, and stubborn, but worst of all? She's real. She's someone in this damned school who actually has a heart. And she's different. She doesn't swoon over me, or obsess. She doesn't even care if she insults me in front of everyone." Aspen chuckles softly, scooting his chair more towards me, but I was too stunned to move.

Aspen too good for me? Ha, that's a good one.

"So, Ashlyn, tell me, how do I get this girl to come with me to homecoming? You're the one with the brains, after all." He murmurs. He keeps calling me Ashlyn. This must be serious.

W-what?" I sputter dumbly, my eyes going wide as I stare at Aspen . His face still looked cold, but nevertheless soft and... caring? "What in the world are you talking about?" I whisper, my eyes darting to my thighs where my hands lay. 

Silence. Just silence.

" "Be ready by 7:30,"" He sighed as he got up and head towards the door. But before he left, Aspen looked over his shoulder and winked at me before slipping out the door.

Flustered, heat rushed to my cheeks, probably making them bright red.

Aspen just asked me to homecoming. I'm shocked. I truly am.

Homecomings where usually when I would hang out with Cameron but it seems like it wouldn't happen anymore.

———————-

old:

GUESS WHOS BACK! BACK AGAIN!!!!
HEHEHEHHEHEHHE
IM BACK WITH A UPDATE LIKE 2YEARS LATER SMH BUT HEY IM BACK.
I stopped writing the book bc i had no idea where I was going with it but im back and I hope I don't disappoint.