Chapter 31

Aspen's pov

Smirking cockily I lean a bit more forward, connecting my lips with her soft ones. Surprise held me by my brain  as my body filled with warmth from her simple touch and I was shocked. I thought kissing Ashlyn would not have any affect with me, but reality struck me hard as I realized this simple kiss had lead my heart to be bursting out of my chest, my feelings all over the place and the urge to keep kissing her grew larger in the pit of my stomach. She wasn't like the other girls I got with.

No this was... Strange. Foreign, but also Familiar. It was like I actually if my body was used to kissing her,even after all of her rejections and anger she shoved into my face constantly. It wasn't just a kiss , It was a need of love or want; and after all of those times I checked to make sure I had only wanted to use her, that was all just flushed away and in the back of my mind at this moment. And the feeling of my heart warming grew in my chest when she didn't push me away. which made my throat start to close up. Taking away my only air i had left.

I part my lips, taking in all the air that my lungs could take as I pull back away from her warm lips, watching her try to wiggle loose from my grasp as she bite lip. I loosened my tight grip against her soft skin, my heart beat stuttering when she lightly picked up my hand, brushing her fingers across mine. Her touch alone made me feel light headed and my brain went fuzzy as she glanced up at me with her large piercing brown eyes.

All I wanted to do was close the space between us again and kiss her. My body itched for her touch. But when my brain had oxygen again I backed away from her realizing this was a stupid mistake. I stumble backward, quickly repush pass her to pull open the door.

"Aspen, wait, wha-." She whispered but was cut off as she grabbed my arm but I tugged away, my heart tightening and breaking at the sight of her. This was wrong, this was so so wrong. We didn't belong together. She isn't who Im trying have my mind believe she is and we were constantly playing around with each others feelings. The want for an ounce of love had been pushed to the back of my mind when Aviana left me in this sorry world.

My heart was cold after being told she will never come back to me, causing me pain. I was 16 at the time, and I was crushed when the only person who truly loved me abandoned me. From that day on I felt as if love didn't exist. Even if I looked for it in bad habits to forget.

When I saw Vincent and Ashlyn together, I became angry and overreacted.I realize now that, that was an act of jealously because she reminded me of someone who I onced loved. Or rather still love.

I knew deep down I desperately wanted her and not just for her body, but that would be very selfish of me because I wouldnt be 100% for Ashlyn. I was also so selfish that I didn't want to leave her alone. And on top of all this is this stupid Bet that I agreed too.

Ashlyn pushed my shoulder as I managed to slip out the door. I spun around almost knocking her down with how close she was to me.

"You must think your so geat, huh...Your ego must be brusting with glee. You love playing mind games with me....You got what you wanted. I couldn't resist you. " I felt my heart drop at the sight of hercrying in front of me again. She stood in the middle of door and the hallway, she wiped the heavy tears that spilled onto her cheeks.

"Don't do this." I whisper, trying t looking every where but at her.

"Do what? Its all your fault," She hiccups, her shoulders jumping slighty when she sniffles as she looks up at me. Guilt surrounds me like an eerie mist. Making it hard to breathe again.

"I'm sorry about everything. Especially what I said earlier today. I dont know what else to say, the words arent coming out-" I try rush out my thoughts but none were forming correctly.

I don't want to say the wrong thing making me lose Ashlyn or this bet. Why was this so hard?

Trying to find the right words, I open my mouth and say "You have a good soul and heart Chubbs. If you don't believe me , one day you'll see it for yourself. Sometimes the people around you need you more than you need them ."

Ashlyn smiles at me, making my heart skip a few beats. "Yea one day I'll believe it." She whispers, gazing into my eyes looking for any doubt in them. She doesn't say anything else as she softly pushes past me and returns to class.

I was alone in the hallway for a few mintues before the bell rings and everyone rushes out of class. But I can't seem to move. Everything that had happened replayed in my head. Causing me a headache.