Happy Birthday

Today was Joe's 36th birthday, and as usual, I was going to surprise him, but for my plans to work, I decided to pretend not to remember when today is so that I would work on his surprise party without him finding out.

Everything was arranged, the party was held at Jimmy's sea food restaurant, his favourite restaurant where we booked one of their party halls for his birthday. Due to covid restrictions, masks and social distancing were a must and I only managed to invite 25 people to the party which included Lina and my three stepchildren (the new twins don't exist in this story), his sisters, his cousins:the usos and their wives, Sarona and Nia, I invited Dwayne but he couldn't make it because he was busy shooting his upcoming movie black Adam. Some of his closest friends were in attendance as well, including some wwe superstars: Adam (braun), Fergal (Finn) Colby and Rebecca (Seth and Becky), Mercedes (Sasha), Pamela (bayley), Jon (dean) surprising, I know I didn't expect him to show up and also Renee couldn't make it because she was about to pop but sent her gifts and regards. The remaining were his closest childhood friends some who I barely knew but was able to get through them with the help of the twins.

His parents and mine couldn't make it because they were in the group of high risk people and because we didn't want to endager them, I decided to put them on the zoom list. The others who couldn't make it because of restrictions sent their gifts and their birthday messages through videos which I compiled and put together as part of his birthday tribute.

Everything looked perfect, the balloons were black and red and the tables reflected the same colour with golden vases, salt N pepper shakers and cutlery. Once I made sure everything was in place I called the usos whom I had sent on an errand to execute the second part of the plan.

Joe's POV

Well today was my birthday and everything was sort of weird. Y/n woke up and didn't even wish me happy birthday nor did we have the usual birthday morning sex that we usually did every mornings of our birthdays.

Noon came by, and I didn't see y/n, I don't know where she went to and I was feeling kinda snubbed and upset by her behaviour today, so I decided to call her to see where she was and what was she doing that was more important than being here with me and spending time together on my birthday.

After a couple of rings, she picked up her phone.

"Hello"

"Hello baby where are you??"

"I'm at work and I'm kinda busy can we talk later??"

"Baby are you kidding me right now?? Do you know what day it is??"

"No is there an occasion today??"

I couldn't believe her right now, she forgot and because I was petty, I cut the call before she could continue.

Can't believe her ass,her sexy ass really forgot what today is. Because of the bitterness I had, I locked my phone and went on to the gym to work out the disappointment out of my system after I was done, I took a bath and went on to take a nap.

I woke upto a continuous ringing from the doorbell downstairs, I looked at the time and it was 6:00pm. Oh lord I must have slept for four hours damn.

I opened the door to find that it was my cousins.

"Why are you two ringing the doorbell as if somebody was chasing you??"

"Leave that uce, you go upstairs and change man we are going out, where is y/n by the way?" Jey asked.

"I don't know where she is, and I don't care, plus I don't feel like going out."

"We ain't taking that uce, cmon go up and change" they both dragged me to my room.