10

~(Y/n)'s pov~

(Y/n) tried to hide his surprise. He really did. It flickered across his face for a moment; a moment that he hoped Kusuke didn't notice. His skin suddenly felt like bugs were crawling just below it and his hands wavered slightly in Kusuke's hold.

H-he couldn't.. How did he-- 

He was quick to cover his shock with a confused expression, but he still found himself unable to meet the blonde's eyes.

"I don't mean to be rude, but I have no idea what you're talking about" (Y/n) said, praying to whatever was out there that he didn't sound like he was going to pass out. His heartbeat drummed in his ears, the muscle threatening to burst from his chest. The smile that Kusuke usually wore crept back onto his face. "I have to admit, your acting skills are really good, but you really should stop breaking character when something surprises you" He noted.

The (h/c) haired male pulled on his arms, trying to free his hands from the other's now suffocating grip. He cursed him and his weak noodle arms as he found himself still stuck in Kusuke's grasp.

His eyes once again fell to their intertwined hands. " Kusuke, the whole hand holding thing?" he glanced back up to the blonde in front of him, "Gone on way too long, my guy". If it had been any other situation, (Y/n) would have gladly held the older male's hands for as long as Kusuke would let him.

But now, he was too busy pretending like he didn't want to sink into the ground to think about holding someone else's hand. "You're right" Kusuke said, but made not attempt to release the smaller boy's hands.

(Y/n) chewed on the inside of his cheek, eyes slowly moving back up to meet the blonde's. "Oh by the way.." he started, bringing the conversation back to where it was. He wanted answers and damn it, he was gonna get them! 

But not now. Now he was going to try to get out of this conversation before the rest of his soul leaves his body.

"I'm not acting. I genuinely have no idea what you're going on about" He muttered, eyebrows furrowing at the other's hands. "You're adorable, but not a very convincing lair" Kusuke said, amusement fluttering through his voice. "I'm not-- That's not--" (Y/n) let out a sigh, eyes finally meeting Kusuke's.

"Okay, I'll play along. If I were from another world --which I'm not because that's literally impossible-- why would I trust you enough to admit it?" (Y/n) questioned. To that, he received a laugh before those green eyes went back to staring into his soul. "I suppose there wouldn't be any reason to trust me" Kusuke said, "But, I'd probably tell you that I could send you home. You might not trust me, but I have a feeling it would catch your attention".

(Y/n) felt all kinds of emotions claw at his heart as he desperately tried to think of what to say. "I'd tell you that you'd only be stuck here for a few more days before you'd finally be able to go home" Kusuke said, "You would be able to see your friends and family. They're probably worried about you. Not to mention you'd be able to sleep in your own bed. You must be tired of sleeping in that dirty old classroom".

(Y/n)'s gaze darted to the ground before his eyes could give away his true emotions. It was terrifying how Kusuke knew about the classroom thing, but it wasn't really surprising. This was the guy who had cameras set up in his childhood home to keep an eye on his parents and brother. It wouldn't be too shocking to find that he had access to the school's cameras.

Wait.. Was he the one who told the principle that I was there?! (Y/n) blinked a few times, as if trying to dislodge the thought from his head. He wouldn't be shocked if that was the case, but that wasn't what he should be thinking about.

Kusuke placed a finger under (Y/n)'s chin, guiding his face up and forcing the boy to meet his gaze. "So just keep that in mind" He finished, smiling innocently at the other. 

The shorter male's voice was completely useless, not letting any words escape his mouth. Kusuke released his hands, but not before slipping a paper in between (s/c) fingers. "Well, it was nice meeting you, (Y/n), but I should be leaving now" the blonde said. He then turned on his heels, leaving a speechless (Y/n) in his wake. 

(E/c) eyes still remained trained on the spot where the older male once stood. He felt several emotions crash into him all at once. Anger, panic, dread, hope, embarrassment, all flooded his body. He found himself shaking, his heartbeat and breathing both traveled a mile a minute. 

Every part of him was screaming to run. He didn't know to where; all he knew was that he wanted to disappear somewhere no one would find him. So, he grabbed his book bag and broke into a sprint, quickly vanishing into a nearby forest. He didn't stop there, despite his legs screaming at him to do so. 

Instead, he continued running until he deemed himself deep enough in the woods. He slumped against a tree, raking a hand through his hair. He brought his knees to his chest, anxiously biting at the skin of his lower lip. 

The paper, which up until that moment was completely forgotten by the boy, poked uncomfortably at (Y/n)'s skin --as if reminding him of it's existence. He glanced down at his hand for a moment, debating weather or not to open it. His curiosity won over his stubbornness as he slowly unfolded the paper. 

Dear (Y/n),
If I'm right about you (and if you're reading this than I most likely am), then you probably have plenty of questions. I'd be glad to answer them for you as long as you answer mine in return. Oh, and please don't tell Kusuo. When I told you he's taken a liking to you, I meant it. He might not be too happy if he found out we were talking. Anyway, I have a feeling that we'll be talking very soon but until then, goodbye.

--Kusuke

Under the note, was a phone number. (Y/n) suddenly felt a rush of anger. He didn't quite know who he was mad at. Kusuke for being Kusuke? Himself for letting him get panicked by Kusuke being Kusuke? 

(Y/n) narrowed his eyes at an ant that crawled across the ground in front of him. No, he was mad at the ant. Not because it did anything. No, he was just mad at it because it was close enough to be mad at. 

"I'm gonna call you Janice" He muttered, eyes never once leaving the red insect. He glanced down at the number and pulled out his phone. There was only one other number in it, but (Y/n) had yet to text Kusuo (thanks, constant overthinking). He typed in the phone number, but stopped before he did anything else. 

He wasn't sure who he was mad at before, but now he had a pretty good idea about who. It wasn't Kusuke or Janice. No, (Y/n) was mad at himself. 

He set his phone down beside him and glared at the ground. I'm so selfish. He hugged his legs impossibly closer to his body. Everyone must be so worried about me. Why am I waiting to contact him? This could be my chance. What I was working towards this whole time. 

(Y/n) felt his fingernails dig into the skin of his palms, but he payed it no mind. This was what he wanted, right? It's what he was trying to do since he got brought into that world.

But... was I really? (Y/n) furrowed his eyebrows at the thought. He --he was trying. But towards what? Really all he accomplished was what most would see as someone trying to settle down to a new life. 

(Y/n) suddenly felt like the trees around him were too tall and impossibly close to him. Did he even want to go home? And if he did, would that just be it? He'd just go back to his normal, boring life? 

That.. That would be it. I'd just go back to being the weird, quiet kid in the back of the class. I'd go back to living on auto-pilot, just trying not to fail my classes. 

It was then that a depressing and completely unwanted thought made itself known in his mind. 

Has anyone even noticed that I'm gone?