6

~(Y/n)'s pov~

Instead of waking up to a bell as he usually does, (Y/n) woke up to his alarm. He made sure to set it early so he would get to his first day at work early.

He quickly put on his uniform and brushed his hair with his fingers. It was the weekend so he didn't have to worry about sneaking around. He walked up to the office. The main desk at his old school had a button that would open the main doors for visitors. 

(Y/n) walked around to get a look at the desk. Clean your desk, lady! He let out a small giggle, remembering thinking the same thing the first time he talked to the woman who owned said desk. 

It didn't take long for him to find the button. He pressed it then ran out the door. He didn't know if it was on some sort of timer and he didn't want to find out. 

Most of the day was spent learning his way around the cafe and being taught how to talk to customers. Once he got the hang of it, the manager let him go on his own. I'm surprised Mera doesn't work here. She works everywhere else.

The day went by semi smoothly, with the exception of a random kid knocking his cake into the floor. (Y/n) was under the table, spraying cleaner onto the cake spot when he heard the door open. The waitress he was working with greeted them.

(Y/n) still payed them no mind. Well, until one of them stepped on his ankle. He let out a not-so many yelp and jumped up, smacking his head on the table in the process. The person behind him was apologizing in a quickened manor. The person they where with was apologizing too, for some reason. 

(Y/n) grumbled and pulled himself out from under the table. MY CHILD-- I mean, Kaido!!

"Hey Kaido!" He greeted the other male. (Y/n) glanced at the woman he was with. He recognized her as his mother. "Shun, is this boy your friend?" She asked, pointing at (Y/n). 

(Y/n) nodded. "Ah, so they do exist" Kaido's mom said, studying the (h/c)ette in front of her, "I'm his mother".

"Well, it's nice to meet you ma'am," (Y/n) gave her a smile, "My name is (Y/n)". Kaido looked incredibly uncomfortable. "Ah, right. I'll bring y'all to your table" (Y/n) said, motioning for them to follow him.

After getting their orders, (Y/n) brought them their food. "Why don't you join us? Shun doesn't have many friends so it'll be nice to get to know you" Mrs. Kaido said. "Mom! He's working!" Kaido hissed, his face was red with embarrassment.

Not wanting the Albino implode on himself, (Y/n) declined the offer. "Ah, well, when do you get off? Perhaps you can come over for supper" She asked. Why do you want to get to know me so much? 

"I'm actually planning on going to the library after my shift" He said. Despite how it sounded, it wasn't a lie. He wanted to see if anything from his world was in this one. Considering his phone wouldn't be able to tell him, the library's computers seemed like a good bet.

Though, based on Mrs. Kaido's face, (Y/n) was regretting telling the truth. "You're really going to the library? On the weekend?" She said, giving Kaido a look. Specifically, the look of 'you should be more like him'. (Y/n) knew that look but was usually on the receiving end so he was relieved to find the awkwardness was on both ends.

"Erm.." (Y/n) glanced at Kaido, giving him a pleading look. The other looked like he wanted disappear from the face of the planet. "Yeah, I am".

(Y/n) loved Kaido, he really did. Even when (Y/n) could only see him as a fictional character, he found the Albino adorable and swore to protect him with his life. That being said, (Y/n) felt horrible that he couldn't  do anything to keep Kaido's mom from continuing her talk about the future, collage, and how nice it is for her son to finally have friends.