20

(Y/n) did not bother hiding his yawn as he wandered tiredly along his trek back to the Saiki household. Unlike the day before, the cafe was beyond busy. They were hit with that fresh out of church crowd.

A small box was tucked under his left arm. He kept his footing in mind as he walked in order to keep it's contents from spilling.

It was a gift after all. And who would want a ruined gift?

He tugged on his bow tie, pulling it so it came undone, the untied ends remaining draped against his neck. He undid the top button of his shirt as well. He heaved a sigh as the uncomfortable feeling of the fabric against his neck was removed.

By the time he got to Kusuo's house, he gave off washed up actor vibes. To be fair, he certainly felt washed up.

Kurumi and Kuniharu were watching a movie together. He did not bother them much, beyond a quick wave and a tired smile. When he got to Kusuo's room, he barely had time to put the box down before he flopped himself onto the bed and, since he was already laying on said bed, Kusuo's chest.

The psychic continued reading his book, his free hand idly wove itself into (h/c) locks, petting the tired boy. 'How was work?' he asked, earning a groan from (Y/n). "How about you? You look like something's on your mind?" He asked, tilting his head up a bit so his voice was less muffled by Kusuo's shirt.

The pink haired boy put his book down, but continued petting on (Y/n). 'After school, I got visited by a medium' He said, narrowing his eyes at the ceiling, 'He called himself my apprentice'. Must be Toritsuka.

'Do you know him?' The psychic asked, before correcting himself, 'Know of him?' (Y/n) shrugged, a hint of smile sneaking out of his carefully smoothed over expression. He was not about to tell the main character a spoiler to his own content. "Oh, I got you something" He said, changing the subject, "You may want to open it before it goes bad".

(Y/n) got off of Kusuo and reached over the desk, where the box had been abandoned. Kusuo gave it a suspicious look, but opened it anyway.

The way Kusuo's eyes lit up when he saw that coffee jelly made (Y/n)'s day less horrid. "I'm glad you like it!" He chirped, "Anyway, I'mma get changed while you're eating that".

Honestly, does he even know how adorable he is? I love that boy.

~~~~~

(Y/n) was not exactly overly shocked or dying of surprise when he ran into Toritsuka. The medium did not notice him at first. He was far too busy in his attempts at impressing the girls around him to take notice of some random guy just trying to get to his next class.

Truth be told, (Y/n) did not give him much thought. He was much more concerned with getting to his other class on time in spite of the crowd of people in his way. "Hey, you!" Toritsuka's voice called.

(Y/n) threw a fleeting glance in the general direction of the medium, but assumed he was not talking to him.

Well, until he felt a hand grab his shoulder. He turned to meet familiar, purple eyes. "Hey, you're Toritsuka, right?" (Y/n) asked. The medium nodded, eyes not leaving the space just above (Y/n)'s shoulder.

"Yep, that's me!" He said with a confident grin, "Sorry, it's just that most of the guys at this school just have old hags as their guardian spirit, but yours is different". (Y/n) glanced behind him, as if he'd be able to see whatever Toritsuka was seeing.

"He's–.." The medium cut himself off. He said nothing, seemingly listening to a being (Y/n) could not see as his expression contorted into that of confusion, "You're not? Then what are you?" "What?" (Y/n) asked, genuinely concerned. But alas, the other boy looked frozen in place, staring at the same place just above his shoulder. "Okay..." (Y/n) breathed, "I'm gonna go to class... so... Bye, Toritsuka".