8

~(Y/n)'s pov~

Kaido is acting weird. (Y/n) threw another glance toward the Chuunibyou. Well, weirder than usual. Kaido would usually spend his breaks talking to Saiki, Nendou, or on occasions (Y/n). Today however, he was quiet.

He had a look on his face which (Y/n) guessed it was his 'I'm gonna do something stupid/weird but I'm not telling anyone until the last minute where I'll tell them like it's part of some complicated prophecy' look.

His analysis turned out to be correct when Kaido stopped both (Y/n) and Saiki when they where leaving. "Guess what? I've been summoned," Kaido said with a look in his eye that (Y/n) could only describe as very Kaido, "If I told you why, I'd have to kill the two of you. But for now let's just say the world is in for some pretty big changes".

With that, the Chuunibyou walked away with a weird wave to his stride. Frickin adorable. (Y/n) let out a yawn. Aaannnddd.. Nap time. "I'm gonna go. It's nap time. Bye Saiki" He said, waving to the psychic.

(Y/n) was almost to the classroom he stayed in when he heard a voice. "What?! Phantoms can die?" Someone yelled. Kaido, honey. Please don't yell like that. I want to sleep. (Y/n) closed the door behind him, hoping it'll block out some of the noise.

It didn't.

~~~~~

"Don't tell a soul, okay? This meeting involves the fate of the world" Kaido told the other two in a serious tone. (Y/n) gave him a nod, mimicking his serious look. Kaido hesitated when he found the door cracked open.

He pushed it open and gasped. (Y/n) poked his head in to see what happened. The room was completely trashed. On the wall furthest from the group was the Dark Reunion logo. "Could it be they're one step behind me?" Kaido asked, shock sill covering his face. Perhaps.

(Y/n) patted Kaido on the back, trying to calm him down. "I'm telling you, (Y/n)! You need to be careful. Dark Reunion is near! I can feel it!" Kaido shouted, waving his arms in the air. "I'm sure I'll be fine," (Y/n) said, "Besides I have the Jet Black Wings on my side".

Kaido paused for a second. "Yeah.. Yeah you're right! As long as I'm here, the world is safe from their evil plans" He said with a determined look. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. I might have made it worse.

"Hey other buddies!" a familiar voice yelled. "Hey, Nendou" (Y/n) said, waving in Nendou's general direction. "Tomorrow, do you wanna go to the beach?" Nendou asked. "I can't. Thanks to a curse put on me by Poseidon, any time I touch water I--" "He can't swim" (Y/n) said, interrupting Kaido.

"Wha-- I can swim! I mean, if I really wanted to, that is," Kaido said. "Of course" (Y/n) replied, keeping most of the amusement out of his voice, "So, do you wanna go or not?"

Kaido nodded with a look of 'what did I just agree to' on his face. I wonder what talked him into going in the original?

~~~~~

(Y/n) sat beside Kaido, listening to the Chuunibyou rant about why sea gods always dislike him. Nendou had left to get Saiki, giving (Y/n) the perfect time to lounge around. He had borrowed a pair of swim trunks from Kaido, not wanting to question why he had them in the first place. He couldn't swim so (Y/n) guessed he probably wanted to learn at one point.

"Come on, we'll go in together. If you get scared, I'll bring you back to the shore" (Y/n) said, leaving his spot on the blanket Nendou brought. "I'm telling you," Kaido started, "I'm not scared of the water. If I touch it I'll die. That's why I'm not swimming".

(Y/n) nodded before walking over to the waves. He wet his hands in the salty water before going back to Kaido. He then continued to flick some of the water onto the Chuunibyou. Before Kaido could protest, Nendou suddenly appeared in front of them. Beside him was a less than thrilled Saiki.