21

Kinda short chapter, but I'm back :D
Also, hi

There were days when Kusuo was genuinely concerned for (Y/n).

And as he watched (Y/n) have a full on conversation with himself while steadfast on jotting things down on his journal, eyes kin to that of a mad man, he realized he was witnessing one of those moments. The boy paid no mind as Kusuo walked in; the only hint that he even noticed was that his conversation got a bit quieter, down to a whisper.

He mentioned several names, none of which Kusuo recognized. It was almost like a bizarre, broken up look into (Y/n)'s past. He also mentioned a few things that sounded more like places rather than names. And a few of those muttered, sporadic words were describing things. Memories.

This went on for a few more minutes before (Y/n) let out a victorious laugh and slammed his book closed, flipping it off as he did so. Then those intense eyes snapped towards Kusuo. "I'm not crazy!" He exclaimed, sounding quite proud of his not-crazy status.

Kusuo did not confirm or deny this.

~~~~~

After his spout of nonsense, (Y/n) mellowed out, seeming content with lounging in Kusuo's room, watching random shows with the psychic. He had melted into the taller boy's side, legs curled beside him as he leaned against the other. Kusuo was not paying attention to the show. Instead, he was busying himself with his own thoughts, his hand lazily petting (Y/n)'s hair.

He... was not entirely sure what to think, so he let his mind wander wherever it wanted to.

Apparently even when given the freedom to do what it wanted, the psychic's mind still decided to stick to (Y/n) related thoughts.

(Y/n) scrunched his nose and grumbled about how stupid one of the characters was acting on the screen. No sooner had those eyes darted up to meet Kusuo's did they fill with amusement. "You like petting on me, don't you?" He asked, "I don't mind it, but it's interesting for someone who doesn't like to be touched".

'You're right' He admitted, but gave no further explanation. Kusuo still disliked being touched. (Y/n), on the other hand, did not mind it. He even sought it out at times-- his mind cut to the many nights (Y/n) would curl up near Kusuo, regardless as to what the psychic was doing-- especially when he was tired.

There was something about (Y/n)'s touch specifically that Kusuo did not mind. It was less bothersome and it did not make his skin crawl. Well, he supposed after spending so much time holding one and other, it was only natural to find it less annoying the more used to it he got.

That was all. He was simply used to it. Besides it wasn't like he--

Kusuo's face matched his hair and a frown overtook his face. All at once he removed his hand from (Y/n)'s hair and shoved him away.

Perhaps he used too much force as (Y/n) was not only thrown to the end of the bed, he did not stop there, landing gracelessly on the floor below. He groaned. "Hey! What was that for?!" He hissed, rubbing the arm he landed on.

Kusuo did not face him, crossing his arms over his chest, eyebrows drawn together. He hid his guilt well. No matter what it seemed like to (Y/n), the psychic truly did not mean to throw him like that. He made a mental note to work on controlling his own strength later. They stayed in a tense silence for a few seconds before (Y/n) gave a huff. He picked himself up. This time, he stayed on the foot of the bed.

'I'm sorry' Kusuo apologized after a few seconds, 'I didn't mean to shove you like that'. (Y/n) sighed, "I know, I know" He still was not happy, but understanding at least, "You seriously need to get a better handle on that strength of yours". Kusuo nodded.

"What was that all about anyway?" (Y/n) asked. His anger had been called off, but he still did not come any closer, looking up at Kusuo with curious eyes. 'I... realized something' Kusuo admitted.

"I assume about me?" (Y/n) guessed. Kusuo's silence must have confirmed his assumption as (Y/n) finally scooted a little bit closer. "Well, most people don't push someone away when they realize something completely unrelated to them" he reasoned, "So, what did you realize?"

Kusuo once again went quiet, narrowing his eyes at the show that was playing in the background, momentarily forgotten by the boys.

I like you. I like you a lot more than I should.

After not getting an answer, (Y/n) turned his gaze back to the show. "You don't have to tell me if you don't–" 'I'm...' Kusuo cut him off, 'Rather fond of you'. In the way I promised I would never feel about anyone. Ever.

People and their emotions have always been pointless, so why do yours matter so much to me? Why do you matter so much to me?

But Kusuo could not get those words out.

"Fond of me?" (Y/n) asked, sounding as if he did not believe him to be the one speaking. His voice wavered and a haze of red clouded his cheeks. 'Yes' was the immediate answer. (Y/n) seemed to have understood, but Kusuo could not shake the notion that he did not fully understand what he was talking about.

His mind went back to all of those times (Y/n) hugged and cuddled him to show his emotions-- his feelings. The boy seemed more knowledgeable on physical touch than he was with words. Maybe if I--

Kusuo did not even get through his thoughts before his body moved on it's own. His touch was gentle-- hardly even a touch at all-- as he cupped (Y/n)'s cheeks in the palms of his hands. But that was when he hesitated. They stayed there for a few seconds, both seemingly waiting for the other to move.

"I-it's.. erm.. " (Y/n) stuttered out, "It's okay". He leaned in a little bit closer. It was barely noticeable, but with (Y/n)'s face resting in his hands, Kusuo could feel the movement.

The psychic mimicked (Y/n)'s movements. Unlike (Y/n), however, he went a little further, lips brushing gingerly against the other's. One slight movement-- Kusuo was not entirely sure who made it-- had their lips locked together.

Kusuo had heard his classmates talk about some sort of electricity that came with kissing the one they liked. Those people did not give it justice. It was not this little spark that they described. It was hot, burning the psychic in the best way possible. It raked down his spine and made his skin tingle.

Both were cautious of the other, not entirely sure what they were doing. The kiss was inexperienced at best and only lasted a few seconds. Two pairs of wide, deer-in-headlights-esque eyes met each other.

Several seconds of silence passed before the moment found (Y/n) shyly putting his hand over Kusuo's. "I'm fond of you too" He admitted quietly, as if he were worried he would break the fragile silence between them.

As if to punctuate his words, (Y/n) leaned forward, more brave than a few seconds prior as he pressed his lips against Kusuo's.

The psychic truly hated to be touched, but this-- he could feel the (Y/n) smile into the kiss. The giddy, child-like excitement that existed behind it was quickly rubbing off on Kusuo.

This might just change that. At least, with one person.

~~~~~

Don't mind me in the corner sobbing.

FINALLY

AAAHHHHH