17

When Kusuo woke up, he had a troubling moment in which he felt a twinge of panic. He could not decide if it was because he was half asleep or because (Y/n) was gone. Whatever the reason, Kusuo's first thought was that (Y/n) had been brought back to his world. The mere thought had him sitting up so fast anyone would have thought the house was on fire. 

It was not until the worrying moment was over and he woke up all the way that he noticed he could still sense the static-fuzz that (Y/n)'s mind created. Kusuo slumped back into his bed at the realization.

While he would never tell it to (Y/n), Kusuo had a bitter taste in his mouth at the idea of (Y/n) leaving. It was selfish --he knew-- to wish to keep the boy from his home. But at the same time, didn't he too deserve to be selfish every once in a while?

Kusuo dismissed the train of thought once he realized where it was heading. Since he was fully awake, he figured he might as well find out what had brought (Y/n) downstairs. He tried to go down the stairs as quiet as possible, not wanting to wake the boy if he was not already. Although, his attempts were in vein because the first thing Kusuo saw when he entered the living room was (e/c) eyes staring back at him through the darkness.

To be fair, the psychic did not know what he was expecting. Any time he got up in the night, if he did not teleport, (Y/n) would wake up as he was leaving. (Y/n) had no problem rolling over and going back to sleep, so there was no need for any guilt but still. 

The two said their 'good morning's and had a short conversation before lapsing into silence. Kusuo could not shake the feeling that (Y/n) was not telling him the truth. Or at least, not the whole truth. 

Sure, he had a nightmare and talking to Kusuke would make anyone troubled but (Y/n) looked like he was too deep in thought for that to be the only thing wrong. Kusuo dismissed the thought while taking a seat next to the other. If (Y/n) did not want to talk about something, he was not going to push him. 

As he took a seat, Kusuo found reason number two to be concerned for (Y/n)'s behavior. Upon closer inspection, he was able to see the haze of tiredness swimming in (e/c) pools. The psychic took note of it but did not mention it. 

~~~~~

Over the course of the day,Kusuo's thoughts of something bothering (Y/n) became less and less of mere guesswork. He was quieter than usual. Sure, the boy had never been the most outgoing or loud (a valued trait in Kusuo's opinion) but he was even less so that day. It was not enough for anyone else to notice but when you spend as much time together as Kusuo had with (Y/n), you start to notice things.

Kusuo had just gotten out of the shower when he noticed how late it had gotten. Since he could no longer read (Y/n)'s mind, the boy made it his mission to show Kusuo different animes that he had on his phone. Apparently the only thing keeping (Y/n) from showing him before was that his "stupid brain would give away all of the good parts" ((Y/n)'s words, not his).

The show that (Y/n) had him watch was far more addicting than Kusuo was prepared for and they ended up spending the afternoon watching it. Who knew an anime about a bathroom ghost would be so good? By the time he had gotten out of the shower and in his pajamas, it was too late to start anything but too early to go to bed. When Kusuo had gotten back to his room, (Y/n) was huddled over his desk, probably working on another drawing. 

If he stared long enough, Kusuo could look through (Y/n) and see right to the drawing. It was strange: he had to focus more to get his x-ray vision to even start on (Y/n). The psychic added it to the pile of things he did not understand about the boy and instead focused on what he was drawing.

It was... Well, it was something. It looked like a plague doctor kneeling down to look at something that was not drawn yet. Even though it was just a rough sketch, the lines appeared rougher and sharper than they usually did.