-

Dear Diary,

When living for so long, not a sign of aging appeared physically. Time kinda became lost and I stopped keeping track of it. Though I do remember the important dates including my birthday. Simple math is nothing to me so I don't mind doing some calculations when meeting someone new.

Today, I'm writing to say that I kinda messed up. And by messing up, I failed an experiment. Not only did I fail but I blew up the lab by accident. Fortunately, my teacher was there and protected me while controlling the explosion with his magic.

His mana is more immense and mine is nothing compared to his.

Of course, I got scolded a lot. And by scolding, he bluntly insulted me unnecessarily and complained that he should've never let me in the laboratory.

It's funny because I went back the next day and he did not say anything. The lab got cleaned up anyway and no valuables were ruined except my years of research.

I worked so hard on them and I just had to burn them by accident.

I don't know if I might recover from this but life as a disciple takes a lot of responsibility especially under a legend. Because this man is a slacker and a lazy bum.

Sometimes I want to smack him in the head but instead, I would throw books at him and he always catches them before it hits him. Is it disrespectful to do that to your own master? Definitely.

But we're more like friends. So technically it's ok enough. Besides, he deserves it for being a jerk too.

I just realized insulting him does not help my case because I seem like a bad guy in this situation.

Well, let me say something! When I first came here or was forced to come here. He kidnapped me!

That's right! I was abducted but he had a reason for it. Still doesn't justify his action though!

Ah. He just yelled at me and told me to put my dumb book away. I guess I'll end it here.

——————————————-

Dear Diary,

Well, let me explain how I got here first.

After I was accused of poisoning my own sister, I ran away. Well, actually I got framed by her aunt, yes her aunt. Crazy right? I think it's because she wanted my sister to inherit the throne. That's why being a princess is hard. Not to mention, I was immediately sentenced to death before being given a trial! Unfair.

Anyway, my instructor took my mana when I was around 10 I think. I met him and never forgot our interaction ever since. So after years of research, I hunt him down, got my mana back, and locked it with a spell. Of course, I underestimated him and he managed to get me.

He couldn't get past my spell and decided to lock me up in his tower. The prison life in the Black Tower isn't as bad as it sounds. Or he's just bad at keeping prisoners in their place.

Long story short. He replenished it another way and I asked him to take me in as a disciple since I became fond of the tower's life.

Hence that's how I inherit this title.

Living here at first was a bit troublesome since he would hurt me and I slept on the cold floor for a while. But he provided me with some supplies soon and I lived the best life. I think that's how we became friends? I don't really know. My memories are very vague since I'm a granny. Well, my age is old but I'm technically still young.

I was excited to be the first witch of the Black Tower. However, he had to drop the bomb and told me we'll die around the same time. What a way to ruin it unless I convince him to retire early.

I truly do want to build a name for myself instead of just "disciple" or "the forgotten princess".

He even has an awesome legend while I'm stuck just being his disciple and in this tower. I do help some people but never do major events that would be recorded in important history.

Just wait until they find out his name is just Lucas. Nothing special.

Yes, I am envious.