11. Shopping spree

MEGAN

"Who the hell are you texting?" Amber muttered as I multi-tasked while I was on a call.

"Yes, Sara... I'll send you your flower delivery soon." I nodded as I spoke on the phone, ignoring her questions.

Amber was sitting beside me handling another call. She had taken a break to get her water bottle and when she saw me with my phone, her eyes narrowed at me.

"I understand... I'll see what I can do about that... that if I can make any considerations for you." I said rolling my eyes. "Yeah, okay... I got it. Thank you."

Ever since we put out a notice that were shutting the store for a while, taking a break for ourselves, the demand had increased two fold. Since there was only one more week left to officially shut the doors, the calls regarding the deliveries had gone to it's peak.

Before I could get caught in Amber's questions, her phone rang loudly and she got busy with the call. I checked my phone again to see the memes that Miles had been sending me. I sent him a quick laughing emoji before I sat back in front of the computer.

I had updated the twitter and Facebook pages about the flower shop being closed and there were questions that needed some answering.

I sat down on the computer, typing the special FAQ's before posting them online answering all of their questions once and for all.

I heard Amber saying soothing words in her call, rolling her eyes every now and then. "That was one tiring call." She said, turning the water bottle cap and taking a big gulp from it.

"Who was that?" I asked, not looking at her.

"That was Sarika." She said with a sigh. "She had been here yesterday and had picked up a flower at random." She said as she walked towards me to see what I was up to. "Now she had called to complain that the flower had wilted just that evening."

"Way to go, Sarika." I said laughing.

"What's this?" She asked pointing her fingers at the monitor screen.

"When are we planning to open back?" I questioned back.

"Mid of Jan? Why?" Amber asked still looking at the screen, trying to understand.

As I explained her about the FAQs that needed an urgent upload, she pulled a stool and sat next to me. We talked about how we were going to sort things out and the dates that we had to set.

Since it was only the two of us running it, we didn't have to rely on anyone to open or close the shop. We often hired guys for decorations on a daily fare, but never let them indulge in our flower business. That was one of our first tactics when we had started this up.

Perhaps, that was the only reason, why we were able to go to the top. We never let other guys handle our quality and ruin it for good.

We spent another hour debating about the payments we had to make before we closed. Amber thought it would be great to sell our remaining flowers for a discount to get rid of them before they wilted and made good for no one.

I agreed with her, since it was a business strategy, especially with the Christmas and New Year coming up. I smiled as Amber came up with more tactics.

She was my personal CFO of the shop. If you needed flower - no matter what kind they were - Amber was the person to get it for you. I was only interested in designing it and helping the customers choose flowers for different occasions.

By the time we completed and posted it online, we were tired and hungry. A small ding on my phone distracted me.

There were around twenty messages from Miles asking me why I was not responding to his messages. I giggled as I typed in a suitable witty response back. I was so absorbed in work that I had completely forgotten to send him a reply to his memes.