42. Past rewritten

MILES

A loud ring on my cell phone broke us from our happy bubble once again. When I ignored it for the third time, trying to concentrate on the girl who was holding a shy smile on her lips, I thought it would be the end of our disturbance.

But I was so wrong.

Megan's phone started to ring again. I let out a frustrated groan, cursing the ones up above for not letting us have a peaceful time. I had almost gotten her excited when the call had reached.

Megan got up, chuckling at my dismay as she tried to retrieve the call. "Don't pick it. They all can wait, can't they?"

"Come on, don't be a baby now." She teased, as she pulled herself up. As soon as she stood up, I pulled her hands towards me. With the sudden motion, she stumbled and fell back on my chest with a gasp. "Ouch!"

"Now, that's the place you are supposed to be right now." I murmured, pulling her closer. My lips traced her ear, slightly biting it as the ringing continued behind us. For a moment, we both had forgotten the world outside of us where the phone continuously rang for our attention.

My hands reached for her waist, as she found my lips, kissing and sucking until we were both out of breath. When I pulled apart for a breather, she caught my shirt in fists as she urged me to kiss back pressing me to her.

I was only more than happy to oblige her request. But just as my lips were about to meet hers, this time my phone rang.

"Fuck!" I cursed out loudly for the continuous cock blocking ceremony that was blessed on us.

"Just get the call, we can continue this after." Megan breathed as she pecked my lips one last time before going away to pick her own phone which had been ringing too. "We won't be disturbed after."

Her whisper sent chills down my spine and I hurried to get the call done and be back at her arms. As I went ahead to pick my call, she had already received the call.

My phone which already had six miss calls were my close friends and only one from my Dad. My eye brows scrunched together in wonder. Calls from friends and Dad one after another wasn't really a great combination.

Friends, I could understand. Given how only Joe or Dylan called me at both my times of need and want. But my dad? He only called when his reputation was on line these days.

That only meant one thing. I had screwed up again and I wondered if the building that I was working on had some issued to deal with.

My phone blared again. This time the call was from Dylan. I rolled my eyes. Only he could cock block me and say he was doing me a favour.

"What is it, Dill?" I asked, impatiently. "You are taking away my precious time with my girl. This better be important."

"Finally! Joe, he picked up!" Dylan shouted. "You are all over the media, Miles!" Dylan said, directing his words to me.

I raised one of my eyebrows still not convinced by his urgency. "What's it now?" I groaned out loud, tired of the media. "I was all over the news last week too. My charity had raised a lot of money than what it made last year."

"It's not the time to boast, you idiot!" Dylan scolded, his voice still laced with a hint of hurry and annoyance. "Go, switch on the television or Facebook or twitter, I don't' care. But you need to see this before you get out of the house."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, a little alarmed by his words. "What's going on?"

"It's about you and Megan." He said.