𝐀 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

Heart beating fast and sweaty palms start to build up.

The day before graduation, things finally start falling down for Wilbur. He would be able to now skip school work and finally live a life without any screaming teachers or any disappointed parents. He would also be able to spend more time on his music and eventually start a band but most importantly.

He would finally be able to propose to her.

The girl of his dreams, the one he would give his everything for and much more. (Y/n) (L/n), the girl who gave him a motivation to rise for another day, the one who chose to give him her love.

Her smile made Wilbur smile on his own, her laugh made him all giddy inside and her voice made him feel warmth during cold times.

Yes she was his everything and he was lucky to have her as his girlfriend. Even if he was rejected 27 times by other girls (Y/n) only smiled at his confession while he waited to be rejected but instead of a harsh laugh or judge the girl took her hands into his as she watched him with a warm smile.

"I'm happy you told me but I'm not ready to date someone I just discovered." Wilbur felt like crying again. Was he rejected again? "But I would love to go on a date with you. After all, isn't that what dates are for? To see if that person is the right one?" Wilbur felt like falling into a loving embrace. She didn't reject him!

And after that day the loving girl that would laugh at his stupid jokes and bad attempts of flirting with her turned out to be his Girlfriend later on. It happened after three months and it was right outside her door.

"(Y-Y/n)!" The said girl turned to Wilbur who looked down on his feet, his hair hiding his blushing face.

"Yes Wilbur?" Silence was around the two teens, (Y/n) waited patiently on Wilbur as the male blushed under his hair, overthinking the possible bad response he would get. (Y/n) brought out a hand to feel Wilbur's forehead "Wilbur do you not feel wel-'' but she got cut off once Wilbur took her out stretched out hand in his hands while a desperate and determined look lived in his eyes.

"(Y/n)! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH SO PLEASE BE MY GIRLFRIEND!" Wilbur's voice echoed in the night sky as (Y/n) stared shocked at her lover. What should she do now? Sure she loves Wilbur very much and the dates have been very lovely but getting a request to become his girlfriend was shocking news.

With a sweaty expression (Y/n) brought her free hand to her lips before speaking softly."My family is still home and sleeping. Please don't shout so loudly outside my home." Wilbur froze before apologizing quietly. A soft giggle came from (Y/n) as she walked down the stairs that leads to her front door. She put her hands on the shoulder of Wilbur before bringing him down to a hug. "I will accept that request you made, Wilbur. I love you very much as well."

At those two very moments Wilbur knew (Y/n) was the right one. From the beginning when they were on a date. He knew he would give everything to this girl.

 He knew he would give everything to this girl

"Wilbur Soot please step forward." This was his moment, his moment to finally get free from this hell hole and start a new life.

"You've done great here. Now get your new life out there." The principal shook Wilbur's hand and the next person was called in. Shaking from the adrenaline felt amazing. It was  a thing Wilbur didn't get very much but this was something thousands times better.

After a few people had come up to take their diploma (Y/n) was finally coming up. The blue graduation robe and blue hat on her head. Her tall frame overpowered the principal as he was shorter than her but a kind smile was glued to her lips as she shook his hand and he handed her her first diploma and another kind comment was given to her before walking off.

And just how it began it was over and students, former students, exited the hall with bright smiles and new beginnings.

For Wilbur he was waiting for his girlfriend. Unfortunately they weren't in the same class so it would take some time before finding her in the big crowd of new adults.

A message popped up to Wilbur's phone, it was from (Y/n).

"Meet me out the gates! I'll be there :)" Quickly shoving his phone in his pocket, Wilbur made his way through the packed crowd to the gates.

Fresh air hit Wilbur's lungs as another sunny day was up in the sky. Looking left and right Wilbur tried to spot his girlfriend by the gates and sure she was there. A (f/c) knee length dress on her tall frame as she waited for Wilbur.

"(Y/n)!" Looking up from her feet (Y/n) meets the brown eyes of Wilbur before Smiling happily. Wilbur starts to run towards his beloved. Arms out as she runs towards him as well. "Wilbur!" They met in a hug and warmth from one another was between them. A smile on both of their lips, "I'm proud of you Wilby!"

"Thank you (N/n).." keeping the hug the two new adults did not care what the others thought as they continued to hug one another. Suddenly Wilbur got courage to speak and without knowing it, the male squeezed his lover before speaking.

"(Y/n), you have been the one that made me feel happy again. You didn't reject me or made fun of me and I am grateful for having you in my life, really." Hugging her tighter (Y/n) smiles as she hugs back tighter.

"Don't forget you have been kind to me as well, Wilby. I love you as much as you love me back." Suddenly the hug broke and Wilbur brought a hand to his pocket in his royal blue robe.

"(Y/n), I love you very much a-and now that we have finally graduated from College. I..I want to spend my life with you." Bringing himself to his knees people stopped walking to watch the scene unfold. Bringing out their phone to record as Wilbur brought out a ring. The ring wasn't any special. Mostly looked like a Plain gold ring but it did not matter, the moment was all too real to care about a plain golden ring. Tears filled the (e/c) eyes that shone in a surprised way. "please (Y/n), Would you also like to spend your life with me?" Feeling like everything was shaking (Y/n) fell to her knees while nodding her head. Wilbur caught her in his arms before everyone started cheering.

"Thank you Wilbur. Really, I love you so much." Tears that soaked the royal blue robe turned into a more dark color while Wilbur dug his face in the crock of (Y/n)'s neck, tears staining the (s/c) skin and (h/c) hair. "Thank you (N/n), thank you so fucking much."