Chapter 2: Arrival

A letter arrived on Reimi's doorstep. She reached for it and read it carefully. Her forehead creased upon reading its content. As she read the last words written on it, her jaw tightened and she unconsciously crumpled the paper.

NAKADA ANNA IS DEAD.

She closed her eyes and calmed herself. If she let her emotions control her, she will only cause harm. She doesn't want to be in that same situation again. She had killed thousands of people already, she can't afford to hurt a thousand more.

The letter said that Nakada Anna is dead. Her student who just wrote to her yesterday. Her student who told her the experiences she had on her first day in Jujutsu High. She was reading her letter a while ago that she perfectly remembered how happy her student was.

Even though she haven't met her future classmates, she was still excited. Anna wanted to talk to them, of course, but she was too nervous and they seemed to look a little bit down. Apparently, a classmate of them died during their last mission.

She died without knowing them, she perished without them knowing her.

She doesn't want to believe it. She refuse to accept her death. She's her best student. She may not have any cursed energy with her but she believes in her strength.

Also, she doesn't want to acknowledge that she was killed by a jujutsu sorcerer, just like what the letter said. Particularly, it was Gojo Satoru who killed her. She cannot think of any reasons why the strongest one will eliminate her. If he was looking for a fight against Reimi, he had the chance when they first met each other already but he let the opportunity slipped.

In addition, she claims that the sorcerers won't do the same mistake they did on the past: killing their own kind. Only those who are evil have the capability to do so.

There's only one way to find out, she must investigate it herself.

After all, she have a feeling that it wasn't the first time a student of her died. She felt like the same thing have happened before, a letter on her doorstep that says a student of her died. If only she's not forgetful, she should have known already.

But she can't blame herself though. She wanted to forget it because diving further will only bring her back to the place she swore she'll never set foot again. However, this time, she had decided to never run away again. It's about time to conquer her biggest fear, facing her past.

She immediately arranged the things she needed and mentally prepared herself.

"Eh? Did I come at a bad time?" Reimi asked herself.

She just arrived at the Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College and the first thing she saw is a topless guy crushing the jaw of young man as he was pushing him against a wall.

She was about to interrupt them when he heard the topless guy spoke.

"I'm not done," he said. His words made her decide that she should not interfere on whatever business they have and just come back to the school tomorrow. It seems like that the one she's looking for wasn't there, too.

But when she looked at the young man, she hesitated on leaving him alone. He was bleeding. He doesn't have anything to do with him and doesn't have any idea what's going on but she cannot just leave him.

"Hold up." The guy turned to her. "Are you a first year student, too? Then I should see if you're worthy to substitute Okkotsu."

She looked at him with disbelief. Did he just call her a first year student?

She's confused if she should take it as a compliment or an insult. She shook her head. The kid probably doesn't have any idea who she is.

After all, the society tried to erase her existence once. It won't be a surprise if they tried to get rid of her for real.

"W-Wait, I'm not a-" but before she could even finish her sentence, the guy already disappeared from her sight.

'He's fast,' she thought.

She turned around, raised her arms and protected herself. She successfully blocked his punch but it made a huge impact that caused her arms to feel numb for a second. She have to stop it with her own physical strength, after all. If she only used her cursed energy, blocking it will be a breeze.

"Not bad, I thought I accidentally crushed you with that fragile body of yours." This kid, he's starting to piss her off with his remarks. "Tell me, what's your type?"

"My type? Blood type? What was my blood type? I don't really know, I kind of forgot."

"What kind of boy do you like?"

"Definitely not you."

"For me, I like girls who are really tall and have big ass."

"Thank you, but, I don't like you."

"You're too far from that! For starter, you don't even have boobs!" With that, Reimi have snapped and decided to whoop this kid's ass.

"Oi, you." She gazed at the young man who was bleeding. "Do you know this guy? I'm done being nice. Now that he have said that b-word, I am deeply offended."

She positioned herself. She slid one of his foot away and prepared to attack. Her opponent also did the same thing. The two of them throw a punch towards each other. She grinned as she raised her fist.

"Don't move," she heard someone's voice and in an instant, her body stopped moving.

"A cursed speech user?" she murmured. She was concealing her cursed energy that made her vulnerable to any cursed techniques.

She was supposed to stay in that position when she sense a danger coming. Her instincts told her to move so she reflexively released Nothingness and hopped away, just in time before a panda appeared.

"Made it just in time," the panda said.

She heard someone coughed. She turned and saw the young man a while ago beside another young man who just arrived. The man with white hair coughed blood, he must be the cursed speech user.

"Senpai!" the black-haired one exclaimed.

The two of them looked at Reimi.

"Ciao!" she said and immediately run away.