Chapter 15: Farewell

[ Year 2018 ]

"Anna! Anna!" Reimi opened her eyes and panted heavily as soon as she woke up. She saw Nobara sitting beside her and the other students standing on the door. "Your scream can be heard all over the school. We thought the principal bought a new bell with an annoying sound."

"Here." Fushiguro lend her a glass of water. She thanked him. "Was it a bad dream? Probably about Gojo-sensei because he looks like a living nightmare.”

Reimi squinted her eyes, asking herself if who's Gojo-sensei again?

"I'm sorry if I bothered you. It's not just a dream... Just some memory in the past that I tried to forgot." She sat and looked around. She remembered falling asleep on the place different than this. She furrowed her eyebrows. "How did I get here?"

"Did you sleep somewhere else? Oh, wait. Gojo-sensei told us yesterday that he have to talk to you. Don't tell me-" before Nobara can even finish her sentence, Reimi immediately reacted.

"Gross! Yuck! Disgusting!" she yelled. Even though she doesn't have any idea who that man is, the thought she came up with sent chills all over her body.

"What were you thinking?" Nobara asked blankly while scratching her cheeks. "I was about to say that the two of you had an overnight trip without us. So unfair! How could you leave us? I thought we're-Was your eyes have always been like that?"

Reimi immediately shifted her gaze towards the wall. She felt her cheeks getting warm.

"Well, uhm... I have sore eyes," she lied.

"Your schlera should be the one dyed in red, not your iris," Fushiguro corrected. Reimi chuckled.

"You called me Anna earlier. Is that my name?" she asked.

"It's what you introduced to us."

"Hold on," she said and got off her bed. She grabbed her bag and took out her library and read the latest entry.

"Hey, Reimi the old lady, it's glad to see you're-oh, isn't it a nice day, my dear students?" Reimi stared at Satoru with her mouth hung open as he nonchalantly laughed while slowly running away.

"You, monkey villain!" she shouted. Satoru immediately teleported that made Reimi groan in frustration. She exhaled and looked at the students who were confused.

'That Gojo Jojo, it was his idea and he was the first one to ruin it,' she thought.

"Gotta go, bye~" she chimed and teleported herself, too.

She released a deep sigh when she reached her destination. As what she have expected, the Black Foxes have gathered here already.

"So unusual to see you in broad daylight," Reimi commented. "Where is Nakada Anna?"

"You should have known that she's dead already," one of them said.

"Really? I don't believe you though. After all, you are all a part of me. You think just like me."

"That's why we want you back. Let us set the world in chaos again. Let us spread fear and madness."

"I quit that a long time ago and decided to start a new life."

"But your past will never stop on haunting you." Reimi just smiled on its statement.

"That's why I'm here. I'm tired of hiding and running away, it's time to face it. I just remembered, a friend of mine told me that I should live my life to the fullest. But how can I do that if I have doubts and regrets?"

"You ordered us to obliterate everything. You told us to destroy, have you forgotten that?"

"No, I haven't. I should acknowledge your loyalty but... aren't you tired of destroying everything? I gave up on doing those things hundreds of years ago but you still waited for me."

"Are you sure you do not want to dominate the world again? There's a high possibility that your best student in the past will be resurrected. Together, the two of you can be invincible. You can finish what you started back then."

"I made a deal to someone. I promised him that I will eliminate the evil in this society. I won't be able to do that if I'm the evil one, right?" Reimi said. "And one more thing, I still have a dream to pursue."

"If that's the case then it's already a goodbye," Reimi held her sword and positioned to take it out any minute. "The truth is... We were created by Kyuu. She created us so you won't feel alone. She created us so she can still support you even if she's dead."

"She made a mistake," another clone interrupted. "Then she anticipated you following her step. She only killed those two because they were planning to eliminate you. She thought she can stop them by ending their lives."

"But she was wrong," Reimi continued. "It all went wrong. Because of that mistake, it changed me. That mistake was followed by another mistake."

"She made us to guide you towards the right path but your first order to us was to destroy everything. We played along because it's your only way to cope up with the pain and we're wrong, too."

"Thank you." Reimi smiled at them. "I appreciate what you did and I understand it now but please, don't talk as if Kyuu have died. She never died because it's like what she said, she's always a part of me. I can feel her."

"Our main goal is finished. You found the right path on your own. We must bid our farewell to each other. Goodbye, Reimi, thank you for being a friend."

She watched as each of the masked creature got enveloped in fire and turned into ashes. Only three remained. They removed their mask and Reimi felt relieved upon seeing their faces again. It was her three students whom she thought that are already dead.