Chapter 3: Conversation

Reimi successfully escaped from those kids in Jujutsu High. She hid herself from them but she was still within the school premises.

Someone might found her and she was hoping that someone will be the one she's expecting. If he's in the school, then he must be able to feel her presence when she deactivated Nothingness, her ability to totally conceal her cursed energy. She found a place behind a building and chose to wait there.

She took a deep breath, brought out the piece of paper she prepared a while ago.

"I am Nakada Ella, Nakada Anna's sister. I would like to visit her," she practiced her line. She recited it once again and again until she got tired from it.

Few minutes after, she heard a sound of footsteps. She stood up and hid herself.

"No need to hide yourself when you just openly revealed your arrival." Reimi stepped outside and greeted the sorcerer's eyes that was still covered with blindfold. "The students told me that the new student have arrived. It's nice seeing them scared but I was confused. Nakada Anna doesn't possess this overwhelming amount of cursed energy."

She just stared at the man in front of her. She tilted her head in confusion. Who is this man?

"Stop that! Don't look at me, you're making me shy," he blurted then covered his face with his hands, as if a high school girl being embarrassed in front of her crush.

"I, I don't even know you," she said.

"Wait, what? Are you serious? Did I talk to the wrong person? But you're inside the school and the massive amount of cursed energy belongs to you. Aren't you Fujiwara Reimi, the traitor?"

"Are you asking for my name?" she asked and the man nodded. "My name... What's my name? Wait a minute, let me just find one thing."

She opened her bag. She searched for a notebook and took it out. She flipped the cover and read the lines in there.

"Let's see..." she uttered as she read her basic information. "Fujiwara Reimi, born on the 1st day of year 700. Was known as a traitor becau-oh, shit, I'm supposed to be in a disguise!"

"Whether you disguise or not, I still know you're Fujiwara Reimi. You weren't trying to conceal your technique. Remember? Six Eyes."

"No, that's mainly because I'm not even trying to hide my identity. I forgot that I shouldn't wear the fox mask." She held her mask and sighed in disappointment.

"It's unfair! The students get to see what you looked like but I can't? I bet they don't even know you," Satoru argued.

"Oh, right. I forgot that part-no, I actually forgot everything. Where am I? Why am I here? Why am I talking to you?"

"Eh? For real?"

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" she asked. "Is this your first time talking to someone with forgetfulness?"

"No, I met a lot of students who suddenly forgot their homeworks."

"That's the selective case! Wait, they were just trying to make an excuse when they didn't even bother to touch it in the first place!"

"Now that I remember it, I used to do that, too." He winked at her while pointing his fingers which was arranged like a gun. She stared blankly at him. "Don't tell me you haven't done that?"

"I ain't hopeless."

"Hey! I'm not hopeless, I'm just being wise. By the way, the buko pi-"

"Buko pie? Where is it?" she asked and moved her body around, trying to find that food.

"In my stomach."