Chapter 5 - No Fear

Olivia

- Olly! - I heard someone's voice behind me. No one called me like that since I have been 12. What is more, the only place on the planet Earth where I went under this nickname was a boarding school in Switzerland. I spent there 2 years in middle school, since my father got a job in Geneva and we had to move with him. 

I turned back to see Victoria walking towards me. Bingo! That's why her face looked so familiar. We lived in the same building and participated in a school contest back then.

 - Hi! - she hugged me in the most gentle way in the world. - I hope you remember me, because I recognised your voice when we were scrolling through the list of all contestants. 

- Yes, hi, but I need to plead guilty as you were tough to recognise. You were 10 and wore hippie-styled clothes, so it was kinda hard to puzzle out how could I know you.

- Haha, true. Are you coming to the party? 

- Yes, I'll be there. Do you know what will be in the program?

- Ah, Nikkie said that there should be lots of drinks and a special entertaining program aimed to unite the performers.

- Cool, thanks, then see you there?

- Yes, please, join us at our table, I want you to meet my bandmates in person, I promise, they are very friendly.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It was still hot at 6.p.m, so I opted for a short white dress and silver Le Silla pumps.

m, so I opted for a short white dress and silver Le Silla pumps

When I got to the club, it was already crowded

When I got to the club, it was already crowded. There were 10 tables with no seat instructions, so we were free to join any country. I saw Victoria waving me and inviting to sit with Måneskin. I locked my eyes with Damiano while approaching the band. He looked very serious and concentrated.

- Hey! - said Victoria. - Meet Ethan, Thomas and Damiano. This is Olivia, we actually know each other from middle school in Switzerland, but she is 3 years older, so we didn't really get a chance to spend a lot of time together back then.

- Hello, Olivia, nice to meet you, - said Ethan and Thomas in unison. - Take a seat, we have plenty of space.

- Hi. - drily said Damiano, without turning his head to me.

---------------------------------------------------

- And now, ladies and gentlemen, let me explain the sequence of this evening. - announced Nikkie. - Firstly, we will play a little game: right now you are mixed at the tables with the contestants from different countries. They will be your partners. Each table received a list with the tracks of the participants sitting together. The exercise which is going to be executed is to pick up one song from your partner's repertoire and sing it on this stage. You can either interpret it in your own style or make a regular cover. 

You have a pair of headphones attached to the seats. Please, use them to listen to the chosen track. You can go on stage whenever you want, just raise a hand when you are ready.

- What would you suggest us to take, Olivia? - asked Victoria.

- Um, I can't even imagine you guys playing my songs. But if you want to raise a temperature in this room and make everyone turn their heads, pick "Company". I would love to see how are you going to remake it:

- Hm, cool, what did you pick for yourself?

- It's a surprise, you'll see now.

- And we have the first volunteer. Olivia, ladies and gentlemen with Māneskin's song "Fear for Nobody"

"I have no fear for nobody, nobody now" - were the last words I moaned out. I chose this song to show Damiano that I cannot be broken by him.

To my amazement he applauded. But, of course, his real emotions were covered by an infamous smirk he gave me each time he thought that he had won the battle.

Māneskin's interpretation of "Company" was really good. As usual, all the females were consumed with desire by just looking at Damiano performing. I noticed that he used one of the moves from my choreo - the one on the floor with shaking my ass. I am sure that it isn't something he is doing on a regular basis. Is he actually mocking me? 

-----------------------------------------

The lights went off. It was time to dance. The DJ was very good, so I enjoyed swinging to the beat. I danced with almost each contestant and couldn't breathe no more, so I decided to go to the restroom to freshen up.

The problem with Rotterdam's culture is that the toilets usually have no gender. Basically, it's a perfect opportunity to see someone's penis doing its business. I tumbled into the restroom with a loud noise. Because of the music blasting from 10 speakers in the dance area, no one gave a shit. I collected myself and walked towards the sink. 

I glanced into the mirror and saw Damiano sitting on a ledge of a window and smoking a cigarette. 

- Shit, you scared me!

Damiano took a last pull and threw a cigarette butt away through the window. Then he jumped down and said:

- Huh, I guess, you do have a fear for someone. 

- Oh, really? You are hoping that I have something for you?

- I don't want to disappoint you, but yes, but I haven't understood what is it. 

- Your detective games can be ended now, because you are not getting any hints from me.

- Huh, I guess I need to use a forbidden technique. - he said, making the same circular promenade around me. But this time he didn't come back. Instead, he came closer from the back, so I could literally hear his heartbeat. 

His right hand started to stroke my hip just where my dress was ending. My leg instantly shivered from his touch. I let out a gasp, but then covered my mouth with my hands.

He was still silent when he took my hands into his and placed this combination to the same spot on my hips. Instead of staying there, he grabbed the end of my dress and started to slowly lift it up until it reached my head. I was feeling paralysed when I understood that I was standing in my underwear in the middle of the restroom.

- Do you still have no fear for the future of your body?