Epilogue: Another Day for The Bradshaws

Disclaimer: All characters and settings are purely fictional. If there are any similarities to real people or places, it is merely coincidental. The plot is written by me and not copied from any other writer.

********** Epilogue **********

Five Years Later

"You're going to be late for school, Ty!" I shouted. It was the first week of school, and he was already late three times. Hearing his name, Ty dashed through the kitchen with his gym bag. At the age of thirteen, he was becoming more of his father's twin. It was crazy how much he looked like Theo. If not for the few blushes of me and his skin tone, I would have believed I wasn't his mother. 

"Mom, Uncle Ryle is picking me up for school. You can just head to work," Ty explained before grabbing a piece of toast and shoving it in his mouth. His hair was a curly mess. He did nothing more than run his fingers through it with hair products. His father and uncle were awful role models. The boy cared only about football. 

"The Breaking Point can wait. What cannot wait is your need for a haircut. Please let your uncle take you to a barber after practice!" I exclaimed. Ty ran his fingers through his hair and smirked. 

"It's fine, mom," he whined, plopping some grapes into his mouth. 

"If you don't get a haircut mister, I'm not getting you those cleats you wanted," I threatened. Ty frowned instantly. 

"Fine," he huffed. A truck horn blazed. It was Ryland alerting Ty of his arrival. Ty grabbed another slice of toast, before kissing my cheek. 

"Later, mom."

"Bye, Ty. Have a good day at school. Tell your Uncle I say hi!" I shouted after him. It was surreal knowing he was only a few years away from being a high school student. I sighed. It was just yesterday he was a baby. 

"What's got you so depressed this morning?" a voice asked. Before I could spin around, arms wrapped around my waist. Theo kissed my temple. I leaned into him. 

"Our son is a teenager. In a few years, he will be in high school, dating, getting married-"

Theo chuckled, "Woah! Pull the brakes, Mrs. Bradshaw. Our son is thirteen. He's got some time before getting married."

I sighed, "I know. It's just, he's growing so fast."

Theo kissed me again, "Don't stress. Besides, Ty is into football. He is so dense when it comes to girls. The other day this girl asked him for his number, and he told her his jersey number. It was probably the lamest thing I've seen our son do."

I laughed, "Maybe I should be more concerned about him not having a girlfriend."

Theo spun me around, "Babe, he will be fine." Theo leaned in and captured my lips. It was still as breathtaking years later. 

Theo groaned, "I swear if I didn't have to be to Brad & Co. This morning, I would fuck you on this countertop." 

I pushed Theo away from me, "I've got to get to work. I'm not going to be swayed by you again, Mr. Bradshaw."

Theo smirked, "One more time won't hurt."

"No! I'll deal with you tonight."

Theo's eyebrow rose up, "Is that a promise?"

I grabbed my purse and smiled, "Of course." Theo beamed. I grabbed my car keys and headed for the door. Theo was following behind. 

"Hey, babe?" I called out. Theo was setting the house alarm, and he turned to me. He was still the most attractive man to me. In his suit, he was deliciously handsome. There's something about a man who provides for his family that turns me on. Well, at least, my man. 

"Don't forget to pick Rayn up from Mikah and Hayden," I reminded him. Theo tilted his head back and exhaled. I grinned. After praying for a daughter, Theo got exactly what he wanted. Our daughter, Rayn was a beautiful combination of Theo and me. She got my round face, the shape of my eyes and mouth but Theo's eye color, and nose. Her hair color was a lighter shade of brown from mines and her curls were loose ringlets. She even had the cutest set of dimples. But she was a terror. She would set anyone crazy. While Tyrus was a calm child, Rayn was active and rambunctious. She climbed, jumped, and explored anything, and anywhere her little feet would take her. 

"Must we pick her up? Can't she spend another day?" Theo complained as we both left the house. Theo locked the door behind us. 

"No, I don't think Mikah can handle Rayn, Mikal, and Hayden for too long. Remember when we had them over?" Theo shivered at the memory. The four-year-olds were terrifying together. 

"Ok, I'll get her after work. Love you," Theo said before sneaking another kiss. 

"Love you," I replied. Theo sent me a wink before getting in his car. It was just another day for Bradshaws.