Pride!

Peggy's POV-

We decided to take a break from learning about history as Clio remembered something important, she said that we could stop to eat for a couple hours as she went upstairs to go get something. We all had soup as it was something familiar and easy to make, the only problem being it had tomato in it so would occasionally see some people eating the tomato others would pick it out of the soup.

This strange action caused Lafayette and Jefferson to let out small chuckles and smiles as they watched Hamilton look at the tomato's strangely, once we where all finished Clio came downstairs with a lag box of blankets.

"What are you doing with all those blankets Clio? Are we going to knit" Angelica asked helping Clio out the large box on the table, "not exactly, you see this month is very special it's pride month . It's basically a month to celebrate all the amazing members of the LGTBQ+ community, a community based on loving who you want."

Clio said taking her seat at the table, we put away the soup bowls as Clio starts explaining.

"First of all what does LGTBQ+ stand for, it stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer or questioning and two spirited." Clio opens the large box pulling out a orange flag transitioning to a pink colour.

"This is the lesbian flag, it represents woman who love woman" she passed the flag around to mostly the women in the room as it was more representative, I never considered dating a woman I've never really had a interest in men anyway. I mean I was married but I kinda had to be, Clio pulled out another flag this one blue to green.

"This flag represents gay, it's like the lesbian flag but for men" Clio then handed that flag to the men as they looked at it closer. However the flag was pretty much given to John, Clio pulled out another flag going form pink to purple to blue.

"This one is for Bisexual people, people who like both genders female or male" she passed this one around to everyone in the room as Eliza spoke "so basically Alex" the room roared with laughter as Alex kinda choked on his own spit.

"Yes just like Alex" Clio said with a giggle, Clio pulled out a flag fallowing the pattern light blue, light pink, white, light pink, light blue.

"This one is the transgender flag, basically men who identify as woman or woman who identify as men" she said giving us the flag, but I did notice Angelica eying the flag pretty intensely.  She pulls out another flag being black, light blue, blue, lime, white, yellow, light red, light pink and black.

"This is the queer or questioning flag it's for people who are questioning if they are in the community, but with the way gen z is moving I think that this would be the norm soon."

She said giving us the flag, some people staring at it more then most. She then pulled out a flag that was very similar to the gay one but had feathers in the middle.

"This one is called two spirited, it's for the indigenous members of the LGTBQ it was specifically chosen to distinguish and distance Native American/First nations people from non native people" she said but didn't really pass the flag around, probably because we weren't indigenous.

"Now like I said this month is really special because it's a month where we celebrate everyone in this community." She pulled out her IPad showing us pictures of what she called a prid parade, people had the flags we just saw on there backs like capes. Some even had them on there face.

She then went on, introducing us to more members like non binary, asexual, aromantic, pansexual,straight, straight ally, Genderqueer, intersex etc

"LGTBQ is all about loving who you want, and being who you want no limits!" Clio said twirling around a bit. Talking about this kept the thought of lesbian on my mind, should I consider it? I practically ignored every guy at the winters ball unlike my sisters.

"So witch pride flag do you think is more like you?" Clio asked holding up all the flags, Lauren's went first his being easy "I like the gay one," he said with his up. Clio then gave him a gay pride rolling her eyes in the process.

Before Alex could respond Clio instantly gave him the bi flag, but he never protested knowing it would just make the situation more awkward for him. James was surprisingly the next one to speak up, saying that he would want the pan flag.

I was shocked by his request but looking closer I could see why.

Jefferson asked for a bi flag as Clio gave him one, Angelica asked for a aromatic one. People where a bit surprised by this "but didn't you have a crush on Alex at one point?"

Mulligan asked referring to the musical "I kinda did at the winters ball but it was just a small one, nothing that was ever serious I got over it like 2 weeks after your wedding. Anything after that was just friendly banter, and plus the hole Reynolds pamphlet thing killed it even more"

Angelica explained wearing the flag like a cape, the kids refused a flag saying they where to young to make that decision yet. Another shocking discovery was when Eliza asked for a Pan flag, "Eliza?!" Alex said in surprise as Clio gave Eliza her flag she gave Alex a wink saying "there's more to me then you think Alex" leaving the man speechless for once.

Everyone wasn't surprised to see Burr and Theodosia ask for ace Asexual flags, all of us expect for little Theo she was now very confused on her existence.

I asked for for the same one as Eliza and James as everyone else asked for ally flags as we continued to watch the parade, I could see some people hug each other from the sides trying to be secretive and failing. I sat there in silence with my flag in my hands thinking....

Happy pride month

Hey guys sorry if this chapter is kinda bad especially for the LGTBQ topic, this chapter was recommended to me by Fandolphin and CaptainLittleSpud. I had already started writing a chapter before they suggested it and gave me the idea of making this months Chapters LGTBQ themed, so every chapter this month is going to have some kind of LGTBQ theme in them. In the meantime I hope you enjoy