Camping

James POV-

Me and a couple of the others are currently sitting in the main living room enjoy a nice book with a smoothie Clio showed me how to make, speaking of Clio she should be off of school any second now- "IM FREE!!!" Right on cue Clio burst threw the door throwing her school bag on the ground in an action of joy. She then proceeded to jump of the many cushions on the couch, wearing a big smile on her face, this not only grabbed my attention but also brought others who weren't in the room before to come check out the commotion. "What is it Clio?" Jefferson asked intrigued by the girls strange behaviour, "I'm done with school for the year, it's summer break!"

We stayed quiet waiting for Clio to explain what summer break was only to have her go wide eyes as she realized we didn't know what that was. "Wait do you guys not know what summer break is?" She said a little shocked, we all looked around the room only to find everyone shaking their head, "well then looks like where gonna have to do something about that."

She put her hands on her hips proudly, I thought for a second before snapping her fingers and saying "let's go camping!"  Eliza raised her hand as Clio gave her permission to speak "uhh ms Clio, what's camping? And you didn't really explain what summer break was either?" Eliza said, her head tilting in confusion.

Clio went red and let out a small embarrassed laugh saying "oh yeah I just said we'd be going camping, uhh summer break is a two month break students go on when the school years finished and when they come back they'll move on to the next grade."

Clio said explaining the system "as for camping, it this fun activity where you go and sleep in the wilderness and do bonfires, and since the 4 of July witch is the nations birthday coming up they'll probably do fireworks" the activity sounded like fun. Actually it sounded like something mr Washington would enjoy, being away from the stress of the city and just hanging out in nature, "if you all go pack now we can leave first thing tomorrow" Clio announced jumping on her toes a bit. I put my book down to do as instructed, interested on how this fun little trip could turn out.

*Time skip to the next day*

It is now the next day as handle are bags, im currently helping Jefferson take out some of the things he packed that aren't essential like Mac and cheese. After that Clio told us to fallow her to the forest, "so Clio what exactly do you have planned for us to do in the forest of all places?" Alexander asked playing with his backpack to get more comfortable. "We'll we're going to do basis camping stuff and at night fireworks are gonna go off for the 4th of July, you guys may recognize that date as it's because it's the day you all signed the Declaration of Independence so we celebrate it kinda like the nations birthday" as Clio said that you could hear a groan come from the king in the back making everyone laugh.

After some time in the forest we stumbled upon what Clio called "the perfect spot" where she told us to set up the tents, setting up the tents was a struggle but surprisingly Washington was a natural at it. He knew exactly what went where without looking at the rule book, and when we did look at the rule book for any thing we did wrong, nothing caught are eye.

In fact a lot of the war veterans where pretty good at it, must be something they did in war that gave them the experience, when we where all finished Clio set up a small picnic for us as we ate "so tonight they're going to be fireworks right across that pond, we will get a perfect view of them from here. And before you ask, fireworks are these giant explosions in the sky that are full of colour and amazing too look at, but in the meantime why don't we do something?" As Clio asked that Aaron burr raised his hand.

"Do you think we could go walk threw the forest? I'd love to see the wild life here." Clio nodded and asked if anyone else wanted to go, me and Theodosia, Jefferson and Theo raised are hands, Clio told us to be careful and that maybe we could get some sticks to bring back for a fire.

So we set off on are adventure, as we walked threw the forest the more mesmerized we where by the beauty of the forest, Theo found some flowers that she if "if I bring them back to Angie she can make a flower crown for me" she said happily picking up some yellow, white and purple flowers. "Here I'll go get those logs like Clio asked" burr said pointing across a small stream, carefully skipping across some rocks "Honey be careful I think there's something in the water!" Ms theodosia said out of fright. Clear enough you could see the water move in a strange direction with something fallowing it, Burr quickly made it back forgetting about the logs just in time before a crocodile jumped on shore, we all screamed running deeper into the forest to try and escape the crocodile.

As we ran I remembered something I heard about crocodiles from a book, "guys start running in zigzags! With the way a crocodiles body is structured it will slow them down!" I screamed making sure everyone heard, about 10 minutes of running later we all stopped as we saw the crocodile was no longer chasing us, but we concluded that we where lost. The sun was beginning to set as the sky turned a purplish colour, "great! we're lost, without food or water! What are we going to do, we've gone in so many twist and turns I don't know which ways home" Jefferson out of worry.

Clio and the others are going to start worrying soon, oh dear we really should have paid more attention to where we were going, Theo hugged her mom and dad as her little kid imagination got the most of her, only making her invison the worst possible scenarios that could take place. As we sat there contemplating on what we should do the wind started picking up, as the sky turned a strange mix of purple and green, we all hugged on each other out of fear as I closed my eyes due to how strong the wind is but when I opened them, in front of me was a deer?

"What in the world? What is a deer doing here?" Theodosia asked, as she said that the deer started running away. Not before giving us a sign with its head to fallow it, seeing no other way out of this mess we fallowed it, it was strange being helped by an animal a stray one at that but we saw no other way as we fallowed it, "hey guys this is where I picked my flowers! We must be close" little Theo said, only making us pick up the phase of are running.

Soon enough we arrived back at camp "woah there you guys are we where starting to get worried" Eliza said in relief, "what in zhe world happend?" Lafayette said in concern, "we got lost so we fallowed a deer back here" as Theo said that we where greeted with worried and weirded out looks. Suddenly we heard a loud bang in the sky and turned around to see a rainbow of colours in the sky, "the fireworks are on!" Clio said looking up at the star filled sky, we spent most of our night just looking at the beautiful explosions up above, " I just want to say, fallowing a deer is kinda weird guys, you should know better then to listen to Jeffershits ridiculous plans" on cue Jefferson and Hamilton started arguing as Clio looked towards the woods...

"Thank you Artemis"...