The kings secret

KG3- POV

We came back from camping yesterday as we spent the night making marshmallows by the fire, the war veterans said it kinda reminded them of there time in war by the fire, I myself didn't go to war and the hole experience of camping was new to me, I took a book as I woke up and made myself some coffee like Clio should me as I struggled to read. Ever since I came here I realized that my vision has been off, sometimes my eyes will be wide open but I wouldn't see a thing having to blink rapidly for my vision to go back to normal.

But that wasn't the only thing, the same went for my hearing. I couldn't hear like I used to and most people would say it's because I'm old but my body had reverted back to the form it had when I was around my 40's, at that time my hearing did worsen due to age but nothing like this and my vision was perfectly fine.

I had asked Clio about why the Hamilton kids and little Theodosia had become kids again, she said it's because how people remember them.

For us to be brought to her we must first be remembered, in this case the Hamilton musicals popularity. We're then brought to her with all are memories from are previous life still there, are bodies however are depending on the time we're being remembered.

This explanation was nice but didn't help on my "condition" it was the strangest thing, so now each time we watched something or I wanted to read something I would have to get close to the Tv or read in big print. And hearing was just a nuisance going on and off whenever it pleased, and you can imagine how idiotic it looked when my face was stuffed into a book. I know I could just read on the phone device Clio gave me, but I still enjoy reading on paper.

I hadn't realized that as I was reading Clio and some others where calling my name until she came up behind me and put a hand on my shoulder, I look up to see her moving her lips as if she was talking but I couldn't hear anything.

I asked if he could repeat herself to find I couldn't even hear my own voice, thankfully when she repeated herself I could understand. "Are you ok? You've been ignoring us for a while now, and your face is practically inside that book." Clio said pointing out the obvious.

"Oh yes, terribly sorry about that. My hearing and vision have been acting very strange lately." I said looking over at Clio and the others behind her, "Strange?" Peggy repeated tilting her head in confusion.

"Ever since I came here my vision and hearing have been..." I waved my hand around looking for the word. "Difficult you would say, my hearing will just stop and random points and my vision would stop. This happens around 2 times a week?" I say questioning myself if I got it right.

"Oh, that's unfortunate may"-"maybe it's a scar!" The eyes in the room turned to the young Hamilton girl who cut Clio's sentence. We looked around shooting a stare at her parents, and her parents looking at her. "What why is everyone looking at me?" She asked looking up at the taller people in the room.

"What do you mean, a scar?" Martha asked confused by the little once's actions. "Well I know I have memory loss due to what happened in my life, so maybe something happened that caused your hearing and vision to buzz out?"

I rubbed my brain trying to think, something that had happened to my vision. "My memories a bit foggy, all I remember is that I was the king that went mad" I say not really giving an answer to the young girl. "It's ok we'll find out what's going on, here you can come with me to try and figure out how to solve your hearing and seeing problem while the rest of the guys head into my library to try and find something" Clio suggested making a plan.

I nodded allowing the girl to bring me in her study to try and figure out what was going on, once we where in a private room the proceeded to search threw her drawer and took out a strange pair of reading spectacles. "These are glasses there used for people with pretty poor eye sight, these once's are a minus 3 or 4 I don't really remember" the then put them on my face to try and get a better look on how I looked with them in. The glasses made a huge difference in my eye sight as everything was made more clear and just looked more clean, "I don't know if this will help your vision failing but it'll make things more clear" Clio said unsure of whether it will make a change in my sight.

In that moment Lauren's knocked on the room saying they found something, we let everyone in the room and found Hamilton holding a book on the royal blood line, it said what there interests where, what they did, and there date of death and birth. "Maybe this is why" he pointed to a small paragraph next to my picture as he read "George died blind, deaf and insane at the age of 82," hearing this was a shock, I don't remember being blind or deaf the insane part is understandable but still. "Im sorry but how come I don't have any recollection of that? I don't remember that happening in my life..." I say in confusion.

"We'll there's also this... "His blindness was due to bilateral cataracts; serious consideration was given at the time to surgery, but this was not Carried out. The possible contribution of the king's blindness to his illness is discussed with respect to the roles of his medical attendants. It was also claimed that George III showed progressive deafness and this claim has been re-examined. However, the medical reports by the attending physicians and physicians (mad doctors) do not support this claim"

As Hamilton finished reading he gave me the book with the page still open, I felt watched as the others process how many medical problems I truly had. Even Madison started to feel pity as he to has many medical problems that are very severe, it explained my vision failures, actually speaking of my vision failures... "you know I haven't had any vision failures ever since Clio put these on my face" clios face lit up as she didn't know if they'd work. "You know... I could try and learn some healing magic, to help with your hearing" I looked over at clios smile wide eyed, "you'd do that for me?!" I said with a smile growing on my own face. "Of course what are friends for?"...friends....

I like that word