37 | ﴾ Bamboo Train ﴿

Saturday came without hesitation, and Draco nearly slept past the hour he had intended to wake at. There was a certain degree of bitterness that he simply could not shake at the thought of having to travel with a Weasley as he dressed back into his messy suit from the night before.

As he would not be able to return that evening from Cambodia, he would have to leave his wife in the magic retarding cuffs all day. When he disapparated them back to the Manor, after having to apologetically excuse them from participating in brunch, she had been mistrustful about what his plans were for the day, stomping away like the little storm that she was.

He changed, and took only a dragonhide clad suitcase, disapparating himself to the Weasley Burrough after having collected the coordinates from Hermione Granger.

In the early morning hours, dew still clung lazily to the rural landscape, and the scent of biological decay and stagnant water drifted uninhibited from the nearby swamp.

He frowned up at the completely unsafe structure that characterized the Weasley's supposed home, consisting more of a quite vertical shack that was sliding dangerously to one side and barely clinging to stability. It towered above him at an unnatural height for such a poorly designed building, and he stood in place on the lawn playing with his finely tuned watch in complete refusal to enter.

Finally after a minimum of twenty brutal and shivering minutes, Molly Weasley creaked open the front doorway only the width of her face and peered out unhappily, "Well no sense in standing there like a muppet, in you come then." No part of the invitation felt genuine, and Draco scowled for a moment before allowing his feet to drag forward over the soaked and overgrown grass.

Inside of the shoddy structure sat almost the entire remaining Weasley family. Draco nearly tripped over the strained wire of a classic red yo-yo being flung back and forth by Arthur, who's chair was mere feet from the entrance. He turned with a goosey expression on his face, his red hair unkempt and straying in thin tufts off of the top of his skull, "Well, most unfortunate that you managed to dodge losing your balance there, Malfoy. Wouldn't want you to harm yourself." The sentence had come out tense and mocking, and Draco was suddenly reminded that he had apparently taken the life of one of their children just over a month prior.

His blue eyes scanned the crowd for the missing family member and landed on the sore thumb that was Fleur with an empty seat beside her where Bill would normally have been, bouncing a newborn baby on her lap with a vicious and hateful glower.

She stood, nearly knocking over the entire table as the child began to obnoxiously cry, and made for the bottom of the stairs cursing the entire way. Her physiognomy and demeanor was not all that alternative to his own wife's, having come from the same Veela creation line. Her bold anger reminded him of Madeleine having one of her saucy tantrums. "Putain! Tu es tellement répugnante, Malfoy!" she shouted.

He grinned sarcastically at her, "Je parle Français, chérie. Déteste-moi autant que tu veux."

She gave him a sickened frown and disappeared up the winding wooden staircase. Ginny did the same, slamming her chair against the counter behind her and taking off like a rocket. Ron was actively shoving eggs into his face, obviously hoping to depart as quickly as possible now that Draco was inside of the building and raising tensions amongst his family.

Charlie, who had been hovering by the unlit fireplace, pushed back his blazing red bangs towards the rest of his hair which extended beyond his shoulders and was loosely tied in a low bun. Draco's eyes lazily followed after him as he paced around the cramped and dated ground floor, clustered to the brim with furniture from the atom bomb era and absolutely covered in cat hair. The barely familiar man had on cargo shorts, a bandana and a dull green t-shirt, similar to Ron's attire, and Draco suddenly worried that he was not prepared by any standard for where exactly they were headed.