68 | ﴾ Sunlight To Shadows ﴿

Waking up in the morning in Draco's musty, piney bed was a forgotten dream come back to life. It had felt like eons since I'd had the luxury of twisting up with his rigid body in his obsidian sheets, the scent of him absolutely suffocating me everywhere.

I opened my eyes slowly, flooded with tranquility, gripping his hard abs under my fingers. He had his arm around my waist loosely and possessively as he slumbered next to me after I had kept him up all night.

I drifted my hands everywhere, trying to avoid the gauze on his side as I slid my touch farther downwards to tickle the inside of his legs before drifting over his boxers lustfully, even though he wasn't even stimulated.

He laid with his head faced away from me, his face partially covered by long white hair spiked all over the place. I nuzzled my nose into his chest and sniffed at his bare skin like a freak.

He groaned instantly, having been a light sleeper for years due to trauma, somehow always unconsciously aware of what I was doing next to him, "Are you touching me while I'm asleep? Sniffing me?" He blearily turned his head, sending me half closed eyes of judgement.

"Yes, I was, and I would do it again. I miss your skin." I jumped on top of him in his huge Slytherin sweater to push against his hard pecs with flat palms, and he cried out in agony as my knee pressed on his still healing wound. I shifted out of range of the injury and giggled as he winced with his hand over his eyes.

"My skin? What are you planning to do, make a lamp out of me?" he joked dryly. "Do you even know the motto of our school? Never tickle a sleeping dragon."

"I will tickle you all I like, you are my 'usband," I excitedly ran my fingers up and down his tight body, attempting to rile him up without success.

I was happily not hungover from my potions binge, but he looked like he was about to hurl from the lethal volume of whiskey he'd consumed hours prior. "Madeleine I'm really not in the mood for your shenanigans this morning," he blinked at me.

I pouted like a child on top of him, "Aren't you 'appy to sleep wit' me again?"

He gasped and closed his eyes, driving his head back into his pillow, likely trying to fight nausea. His hands ran weakly along the top of my bare thighs, "Don't be a stupid girl. Of course I am, but I also feel like a corpse right now."

I leaned over him and traced my finger along the side of his face, and he watched me with sleepy cerulean eyes glistening in the warm morning rays. He allowed me to run my fingers through his bright hair playfully, pushing it up into a silky mess, "I 'ave to go for my ballet dress fitting soon. Are you too sick to make love to me?"

His eyebrows popped and he trailed his gaze down my body. I watched in dismay as he shut his eyes again, threatening to drift off despite my offer.

I pressed myself over him to kiss at his jawline, "I'll be gentle, you can let me do everything. Veela were meant to ride dragons, you know."

"This may be one dragon you can ride, but I'm afraid you'll find I'm quite untamable," he laughed into my hair. I kissed his cheek and along his face, reaching his lips with sweet ecstasy. His dry lips caught on mine slowly and romantically before he shifted to the side. "I really don't think I can do it right now," he moaned in exhaustion.

"Fine," I grew irrationally testy and made to slip off of him, but he held me by my waist.

He forced himself to sit up, balancing me in his lap with squinty eyes, "Now, now, no temper tantrums sweetheart. Come here." He wrapped my bent knees around him and I yanked him by his neck to kiss me. We pawed at each other, Draco breathing rather hard to accomodate my pressured request for affection while I ground against him eagerly.