57 | ﴾ Snitch ﴿

Draco watched Harry leave before dropping Madeleine's face into her hands in horror. He couldn't believe his own stupidity for admitting to Potter's face directly that he had wanted to be his friend when they were merely eleven years old. Luckily, he wasn't forced to focus on the humiliation for very long. 

"What's wrong little swan? Potter make you cry?" Appearing in a dark gray suit like the villainous prince he was, Theodore sat in Harry's prior spot, slipping his arm around Draco's wife's shoulders. He squeezed his fingers in the expensive fabric of the dress she had left Draco in, and Draco in response slowly closed his fists which had begun shaking with rage. 

He did his best to mock a French accent, following Harry's advice, "Take your hands off of me."

Theo took his hand back obediently, smiling crookedly into Draco's face. His commanding eyes drunk in the clone thirstily despite the instant rejection, and Draco rudely glared back at the boy who's pretty face was still hellishly bruised from his recent run-in with the Slytherin boys. Nott leaned close to his ear, "Don't worry, I watched Malfoy leave. He won't see anything. You can snuggle up to me if you want." 

Theo bobbed his head at Draco encouragingly, inching his fingers into Madeleine's hand. Draco yanked away in disgust, "What makes you think you can touch me like that? I'm married." He tried to contain his frown as much as possible, searching Theo's brown eyes for answers.

Theo laughed curtly, running his retracted hand through the very long mop of chocolate curls on his head that hung over his thick eyebrows, "Well well, one minute you're kissing me, the next your treating me like I'm an infection. Normally it is I who plays the games, but I guess that's why I like you little swan. Why don't you twist the knife you have lodged in my heart while you're at it." 

Draco had to shut his eyes and look away. His own heart had suddenly been injected with acid, and it was melting in his chest. He would have no choice but to check Madeleine's mind when he got home, before he panicked and made any assumptions that she was willingly cheating. He could only hope and pray in the meantime that it had not progressed any further than kissing. 

Nott was known to be manipulative, famous for it even. He exchanged Unbreakable Vows like currency, and it was entirely possible that he had her wrapped up in some sort of sick slew of deals. Although, it was not promising that he had insinuated Madeleine was playing games, which would suggest autonomy in her decisions.

The other boy tried to lean forward to catch back her attention, "Now that you're flying freely again, little swan, why don't we do something different for our next meeting? Are you available tonight for a date?" 

Draco stiffly turned her head back with blistering black eyes, "Certainly." He was free that night...for a murder. The moment that Nott left the protection of the Ministry building he would eliminate him, once and for all, catching him off guard with the disguise of his pretty little wife.

Theo stood and held out his hand with a coy smile and Draco swerved out of the outstretched offer. Nott simply laughed at the avoidant gesture and took off towards the floo network with strange satisfaction on his handsome features. The entire span of the rotunda, Draco did not break his watchful sideways stare, assessing every inch of his competition with a fresh perspective. 

The young man strode about crisply in his form-fitting pricey suits. He was very tall and slender in a similar athletic format to Draco. His eyes were alluring and his voice silky and dark. Draco had always thought he had a massive advantage with Madeleine, as she frequently commented that he was the most handsome boy she'd ever met, but perhaps there had been an update to that statement's authenticity as of late. He twisted his wand in the deep pocket of the dress to contain his boiling rage that Theodore had already had his lips on hers.