51 | ﴾ Flower Freaks ﴿

"Alright, which one of you clowns thought it would be funny to fill my side drawer with flowers?" Draco barked with frustration, tossing a massive cluster of drying flower clippings onto the precast stone flooring in the center of the fourth level boys dormitory in the Slytherin quarters.

It was just past dinner time at the end of March in their seventh year, and all of the boys raised their eyes with hilarity at the colourful mass. A symphony of snickering unfurled around Draco who gripped his wand in his green Slytherin robes with derision. His platinum hair spiked off of his head as he sneered with an ugly frown around the room.

"Very well," he mused ruthlessly at the nonresponsive group, "Rest assured, I will find out whatever imbecile thought this would be a charming use of their time." He pointed his wand down at the floral display and lit it on fire, and the other boys hooted innocently and mockingly. 

Draco shut his curtains with indignation, tearing off his robes and Slytherin appointed dress clothing. He went to sleep mere days after being obliviated of his relationship with Madeleine, who was across the common room in equal confusion as to why she had so many letters in the shape of swans in her chest at the end of her bed.

Theodore had done his best to separate them, and it would go on to last for mere months before school commenced in September and it only took them a few weeks to start up again.

In their remaining weeks at school that spring semester, Theo would go out of his way to sit next to her in any classes they did share with his dreamy and seductive gazes, offering her quills and notes, hoping without sensibility that she would react to his proximity in the same way that she had to Draco.

He had absolutely no concept of what love was actually supposed to look like, but he craved what he'd seen between Draco and Madeleine; in part because it was thrilling to spite Draco, and in part because she was genuinely quite attractive. He'd been with dozens of girls, never having any difficulty picking up game due to his handsome face and fit physique. He was notably the school flirt, although he masked it well by operating in the shadows. Luckily she didn't seem to have noticed because of her limited social pursuits and his efforts to conceal his debauchery.

She was alluring and secretive, and her accent was engrossing. She spent a lot of her time sheepishly grinning and biting her lip when anyone did try to interact with her, and if she decided to converse it was a battle of her stumbling over her words and looking away timidly.

Theo situated himself next to her in advanced Herbology one morning as the rain pattered down the cool glass of greenhouse number four, and leaned into her ear, "Do you know anything about this course? I've been absent for half of it." He had not been absent for half of it, but she didn't know that. She had sat at the very front with eager academic intention, acing the course and unaware of the deeper lines of uninterested students.

Her hair hung long and in waves of mosaic colours of blonde, strawberry and light brunette. She lifted her golden eyes to his while nodding, taking in his crisp green robes and thirsty gaze. 

Minutes into the start, he was sure he had her completely captivated with a self-writing quill he had invented to take his notes for him so he could sleep through courses, before Professor Sprout was unfortunately interrupted from her explanation of the Sopophorous plant.

Snape's pale and snide face appeared in the opaque glass doorway that was covered in blight. Behind him in greenhouse number three, an entire class of students in red and green robes were clustered with humour. "Pomona, might I...have a word?" his dark and deep voice cut through her speech rudely. 

She turned her head, and all of her extensive gray curls shook around under her pointy hat, "Well you might as well go ahead with it, since you have now completely derailed my train of thought."