Chapter 1: Long Needed Vacation

Jughead VO: Mutants and Monsters, These are things that as Children we were told to be afraid of

Jughead VO: Mutants and Monsters, These are things that as Children we were told to be afraid of. That anything that was different than you, You're supposed to be afraid of it. But what if the saying "Never judge a book by its cover" is a lot more truer than many believe.

- - - - NEW YORK CITY/ CHANNEL 6 NEWS- - - -

April O'Neil and her cameraman/boyfriend Casey Jones enter the Channel 6 news station. Before they even get to there desk "O'Neil, My office Now!" Burne Thompson, Chief Editor at Channel 6 and April's boss, says in commanding tone. April let's out an exasperated sigh looking over at Casey who shrugs knowing he can't do or say anything to get her out of this situation. April goes to the office and to hear what Burne had to say. "O'Neil I have a new assignment for you. Apparently their has been a rise crime in a small town, in upstate New York, small town called Riverdale, I want you to do a story on it" April was shocked, the only assignment she's ever gotten up until this point was reporting the newest smart phone or exercise activities happening in New York City. This would be her first major story.

     "Me.Really? Why not get Vern or anyone else to do it?" April asked her boss. "Well, honestly April, you're my last choice. Vern had to go to a funeral and Clayton has the gout. So April you want the story or not." April was at two minds. She wanted the story, but she also didn't like being the last choice. "I'll take it" April said eagerly, "Great. You and your boyfriend leave tomorrow morning at 11, Happy trails" April leaves Burne's office and tells Casey the news. "Really? A crime wave?" Casey ask as he April walk out of the Channel 6 building. "Yes, oh Casey this story could put me on the map and finally give me the recognition that I deserve" Casey gives April the side eye, "The recognition WE deserve".Casey gives April on the cheek, than a thought comes to April's mind. Casey notices the look in her face, "The guys" April says

- - - - NYC SEWARS/TURTLE LAIR- - - -

     Below the busy city of New York, in an abandoned swear system, lived the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

     Below the busy city of New York, in an abandoned swear system, lived the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. There lair, which they call home, is a teenage boys paradise, Video Games, Comic Books, Music instruments and empty Pizza Boxes are all scattered through out the lair. Leonardo, the oldest of his brothers, is sitting on a bean bag chair,playing on his guitar, Donatello, The Smartest of the Turtles, is sitting on a worn down couch watching a re-run episode of Beverly Hills 90210, Raphael, the second oldest and the most imposing of the turtles, is lifting weights while listening to AC/DC and Michelangelo, the youngest of the brothers, is sitting on the same couch with Don but instead of watching tv, he's reading comic books.

    The Turtles are relaxing in their Lair and are bored from the quiet that the city has been lately, they long for excitement and something to do. Out of the darkness, Master Splinter, a 6ft Rat man wearing a kimono robe with the aid of a walking cane is observing his sons laziness. "Good morning my sons" Splinter says but there's no response "Any other time I would enjoy this much quite, but what type of father would I be? What is the matter my sons?"

   "Pop, it's just there's nothing to do now, We took down the purple dragons, crimes at a low so there's nothing to really do now" Leonardo says while playing his guitar. "Hmm I see, My sons I Understand this thirst for action that you four seek, but look on the bright side of things. It means that you four efforts to keep this city safe have achieved wonders" Donatello speaks up "Yeah, come on guys, I mean there's no parade in our honor or no screaming girls chasing after us. Instead we have disgusting water and used diapers so hooray for us" he say sarcastically. Splinter then smacks Donatello with his rat tail, "Patience my sons, I'm sure one day your hard work and sacrifice will be appreciated and looked up upon" Splinter then returns to his chambers leaving the Turtles to think about his last statement.

     After Splinter leaves, Michelangelo lights up and comes up with an idea "Y'know what I think guys, We need to get away, Go on a well deserved Vacation" The three of them look at Mikey like he's speaking a different language. "Unless our destination is the Island of Dr. Moreau, there is no way in hell that's happening" Donnie says " I hate to admit it, but Mikey's got a point" The three brother turn around to see Raphael walking towards them, wiping sweat off his face. "Yeah I mean, it's beats looking at dripping pipes for the next month" Raphael says placing his arm over his little brother, Leo starts think about but also agrees with his brother. The only one who didn't agree was Donatello.

"Let's say we do go on vacation, Where are we gonna go? How are we gonna get there? It's not like a miracle is gonna come out of the sky?" As if on cue April and Casey enter the lair to announce the two of them are going on vacation. "I guess I am the universes big joke huh" Donatello says in defeat. Leo, Raph and Mikey beg April to let them go with them. She is reluctant at first but gives in and says it's okay. "Alright, The Turtles are going to Riverdale baby!" Mikey says with excitement