Chapter 8: The Search for a Friend

- - - -FOX FOREST- - - -     Later that same night, Betty is leading the four turtles, in the woods, to a secret location where the four can hide out for the time being

    Later that same night, Betty is leading the four turtles, in the woods, to a secret location where the four can hide out for the time being.

Betty: We're close

Donnie: Remind me, how do you know this place?

Betty: A friend of mine used to have it. He was a hardcore survivalist.

Donnie: And he's okay with you using it?

Betty: Wouldn't know, since he's dead.

    All four of them stop dead in their tracks after Betty made that statement. Their curiosity about what kind of town is this continues to grow minute by minute.

Mikey: This place is pretty hardcore.

Raph: Yeah. I'm starting to like it.

   The four continue their way to their new hideout. At that moment, Betty stops dead in her tracks and points her flashlight down at a steel manhole in the middle of the ground.

Betty: We're here.

   Betty, with the help of Leonardo, lifts the manhole which shows a ladder that leads underground. The Turtles are amazed by this because it reminds them of their home in the sewers, back in New York City.

Mikey: Woah. How deep does this thing go?

Raph: Let's test it out.

Raph then kicks Mikey into the hole, causing Mikey to scream as he falls in. Betty looks at Raph with disbelief while Donnie and Leo look at him with annoyance, as if he's done this before.

Raph[cont.]: What? You were all thinking it, I just did it.

     Raph drops in and is shortly followed by Leo and Donnie. Betty, who knows she's not as agile, decides to use the ladder to go underground. Betty continues to lead the Turtles down the tunnel.

Leo: So how many people know about this place?

Betty: Only a small percentage of us. My friends, mostly, but that's about it. Well, here it is.

   Betty then shuts on the lights which illuminate the underground bunker where the turtles will be staying. The turtles walk around their temporary home and are amazed by how nice and cozy the area is.

Mikey: Woah, this is nice! It's like a home away from home.

Betty: You guys live in a bunker?