Career Day

Peter Parker walked into his apartment. He had forgotten about career day, which was now the next day.

May was gone on a business trip. He had told her but they had both forgotten.

He stumbled into his room and flopped onto his bed. He groaned. Tomorrow was going to be a disaster, Peter thought.

He got off his bed a few minutes later and began his homework, studying for tests, eating snacks, and fixing his web-shooters.

He had planned to go over to Avengers Tower to work but changed his mind. Plus MJ and Ned weren't going that day either. Ned had a cold and MJ was with Pepper on a business trip.

Once the day came to a close, Peter laid down in bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking about what would happen tomorrow.

The next day came faster than expected for Peter. He did his normal routine and set off for Midtown School of Science and Technology.

By the time school started, the day was already going horribly. Ned was still sick so he wasn't at school, MJ was still on the trip, and Flash had already started with the bullying.

Sad was an understatement.

Peter was glumly sitting at his desk while other parents/guardians were talking with their children. Then the teacher began to speak.

"Alright class, we're going to begin presenting now. Mrs. H-" the teacher spoke but was cut off by the door opening.

"Hey, kid. Hope I'm not late," said the one and only Tony Stark. Students and parents/guardians gasped while Peter smiled.

Tony walked over to Peter's desk, took a chair, and sat down next to Peter.

"Thank you for coming Mr. Stark," Peter commented.

"Of course. You're like my son, Pete," Tony said and Peter smiled gleefully.

Everyone else in the room was in complete and utter shock. The students, the parents/guardians, the teacher.

Tony clapped a couple times and asked, "Hey, are we going to start this thing or not? Because if not, Peter and I have places to be."

"So do we, but look, we're here," said Pepper as MJ opened the door.

Once again, everyone in the room was shocked.

"Is this thing going to start or not?" Tony asked as Pepper and MJ took a seat in front of the two men. MJ turned towards Peter and the couple smiled at each other.

The room continued to be silent so Pepper said, "Not going to start."

"Let's get going. Banner needs our help Peter," Tony said as he and Pepper stood up.

"And we have to get to Hong Kong," Pepper said so Peter and MJ stood up.

"Well, let's go," Tony said and the four walked out of the room.

Let's just say that the entire class was speechless.

468 Words