05

Noelle Benjamin

I flutter my eyes open to the warmth of another body close to mine. I turn to my shoulder to the right side, attempting to observe the figure next to me.

You're actually shitting me.

It's Harry. He's peacefully laying on his large bicep next to me, his eyes resting like they've been restless for hours. A slight gasp escapes my lips, but it's not loud enough to wake him up. His whole torso is covered with my blanket, yet I can see his bare chest.

He's sleeping without a shirt on.

What happened? When did we get home? All I remember is getting a little tipsy at the bar, and then Harry allowed some man to fucking attack me or something, and the rest is a blur. Has Harry been here all night? More importantly, how long has he been sleeping next to me?

I continue staring at his face, the same hard look on his face sticking. I don't know what to do with him. Should I just leave him there? Or will he wake up if I get up? I feel a little lace poking my thigh as I move my leg under the sheets.

 I'm still wearing my dress. Which confirms Harry brought me home last night, he wouldn't have bothered to help me change or anything. I think we got in a car together from the bar but I'm not 100% sure. I have absolutely no idea what happened after that man pushed me into the table. I do remember Niall and Zayn though. Right. Niall saved me and that's where everything goes blank. I can't fully confirm that I'm right about everything else after that. 

I turn again to switch my weight to pile back down on my left shoulder. I shoot my eyes to the side table which has my phone resting on top. Shit I forgot about that. That also means Harry brought me here, laid me down, and dug in my purse for my phone knowing I would need it in the morning. It's kind of getting difficult to not like him.

I try to silently reach for the table, but it's not possible. It's too far. I'm gonna have to get up. The bed creaks as I use my elbows to hoist me upwards. My back then follows, my slightest movements causing more noise.

I swear everything is louder when you want to be quiet.

I manage to plant my feet on the floor without waking him up,  my floorboards barely creaking as my toes hit the floor. Now I'm at a reasonable distance to reach for my phone. We did it boys.

I pick up my phone from the table gently, my phone home screen lighting up. The top of it reads, 8:33AM. It's a lot earlier than I thought it would be.

I look further down of the screen, my mouth opening a little.

3 New Messages from Harlow:

we've just been playing board games for the past 2 hours, are you asleep? 12:23AM

ok guess so. text me when you're up 12:26AM

P.S, i'll be there at 11AM. Stay safe and don't fuck Harry till then ;) 12:26AM

I scoff at her text. Mine and Harry's relationship status is not even close to fucking. He's crazy. He tossed me to those men last night like I was an object. As a raging feminist, I have every right to not like him. Well, that's not true. Not every right, just because he saved me, but that's old fucking news okay? So yes. Every right.

I look over my shoulder to glance at Harry. He looks so peaceful, I could just shake him awake to wipe all of that rest off of his face. But I won't because I'm not that much of a bitch. I use my fingers this time to clutch onto the bedsheets to bring my body away from the bed. I sigh quietly, almost tiptoeing to the door.