10

[June 11th, 2019]

It's been a week. 

I haven't talked to Harry for a week. I've avoided him at all costs. I don't know what he's capable of. He actually killed someone. I know it was for self defense but murder is murder. Of course I'm not gonna report him to the police but I didn't really know what else to do other than stay away from him.

I still received some text messages from him.

One two days after we met.

From Harry:

Meet me tonight at the club. 4:34AM

Then one the day after.

From Harry:

I'm at your door. 6:09AM

And finally one this morning.

From Harry:

Coffee? 11:13AM

I didn't respond to these. Mainly because I crashed at Harlow's the day I got the skull. I didn't tell her about anything that happened. Not about the skull, the men with the guns, none of it. I just feel like she would be disappointed in me for letting it happen. First I met Harry again at the club so she realized I already knew him. He's already a bit shady to begin with. Then I let him sleep over, that too, next to me. And in just those few hours that we were together later that day, we were shot at. It's all my fault.

This week long break has been good for me. No other weird occurrences have taken place. I was thinking of moving back into my house today. Things have been pretty okay, so I'm just assuming the skull was some fucked up prank pulled by a group of teenagers.

I'm feeling okay now. It's been exactly nine days since my mom died and the police just keep coming up with new theories of what happened. They called me in several times but I've ignored them. I'm not letting them ruin my happiness. Today is going great for me. Harlow and I left the house at around 10AM to go shopping for the summer. We had lunch and we're just taking a walk around the city. It feels good. I feel good.

"Oh my god! We have to go to this store. Just look at that romper." Harlow shrieks unexpectedly during our peaceful walk.

"Har, we've been to like 60 stores. I'm tired." I stop in my path, taking a deep breath while I do so. It's so hot outside, places that shouldn't sweat are sweating.

She huffs. "Fine, you stay here, I'll be out in a minute."

I give her a look indicating that we both definitely know she won't be out in a 'minute'. She holds up a one with her finger and quickly disappears into the boutique. I sigh, placing the four clothe-full bags on the hot pavement. London is hell his time of year. I lay my back against the bench.

I wipe away the sweat dripping down my chest. I start using my hand as a fan to cool myself off a little bit. It's 3PM and I feel like the sun is melting away my makeup. I've been dressing up this past week too. I didn't really do it since that night at the club but I decided since Harlow's doing it, I might as well.

The metal squeaks as I feel another figure's presence next to me. I turn my head to look at who it is. My lips part to say hello but they immediately seal closed once my brain registers who it is.