07

I hate myself for enjoying it.

I won't lie, he looks like a tall glass of water on a sweltering hot summer day, but it's just so weird. Mainly because I met him literally two days ago. That's not normal. He was just supposed to teach me how to beat the eggs or whatever, not do whatever he did to me. What's even worse is I didn't stop him.

Nothing happened after that, I kind of just ignored his help and instead googled how to make an omelette to save myself from all that torture again. I probably should've done that to begin with. Harlow showed up with Zayn and Niall not too long after that. Zayn and Niall took Harry back to wherever they had plans and Harlow told me she's coming in with me for the questioning at the police station at 2PM.

It's good Harlow's coming. I really need someone with me. It's just so stressful by myself. I get shivers down my spine and my mouth goes dry every time I even try to think about that night. So it's good. Harlow has a free pass to sit with me anyways since her dad is literally the one questioning me. She told me as soon as I opened the door that I have to go in for questioning and that she's coming with me.

I nudge the door open with my forearm, causing the bell on top of the door to ding. The police station doesn't look too busy today as it does other days. Harlow and I used to spend a lot of time here when we weren't up on the roof. Probably shouldn't have chosen that specific rooftop to contemplate my death.

The receptionist seems a little quiet when Harlow and I walk past her desk. She eyes me as if I've said something rude to her. Even Har notices it, but we decide to ignore it and plod to her dad's office. The door has a familiar golden plate that reads, 'Detective Inspector Jane' in black letters. I curve the knob, revealing not just Mr Jane but other multiple men seated that are also waiting for me.

They're not the same as yesterday morning, instead completely different looking than each other. There's about seven men not including Mr Jane.

"Have a seat Noelle dear." Mr Jane speaks very low and quiet. He refers to the singular empty gray chair sitting in front of him and all the other agents or whatever they are.

What the hell is going on? This is the first questioning I've physically come in for, so what's the deal? Did they find out something else about my mom?

"What's going on? Why is everyone looking at me so odd?" I ask hesitantly. The hand bag gripping onto my shoulder slowly slides down my arm and it eventually slouches on the tiles.

"Harlow, please leave. What's about to be discussed is strictly confidential between me and everyone in this room."

Harlow raises her eyebrows, hurrying to protest. "What? Dad, c'mon. You know the point was for me to be here today and—" She doesn't get to finish her argument when Mr Jane interrupts her.

"I said leave." His voice feels a bit more strict and louder than normal.

Harlow scoffs, eyeing me to keep myself together. She rotates back to face the door again and start exiting. A little nausea suffocates one part of my stomach. I don't wanna do this alone, but something definitely fucked up happened. And what does he need to tell me that's too secret to tell Har?

I watch all of the men surrounding Mr Jane continue to stare at me with serious faces. I swear if they tell me she's not actually dead I'm gonna actually kill myself.

"We found something." Mr Jane lowers his voice again, letting me sit in front of all of these people like I'm being interrogated.

"Okay? What?" I keep my voice hushed a little as well to match his tone.

I wait for him to pull out some evidence or some shit in a bag, but he shakes his head and brings his eyes down to his hands. "No dear. More like we know something."