06

I just needed to relax. It already happened and there's nothing I can do now. All I can do is just move on with my life.

Through every squirt of soap I dropped on the top of my head, the more and more I realized. I need a distraction. I need something that can just wash away everything. Every ounce of regret, every pinch of pain, all of it. Harry was right. Sadly. I just wanted to disappear. I still do.

After my shower, I walk back into the kitchen with a towel scrubbing my damp head. I yawn just as I enter the kitchen, my yawn immediately freezing as I turn to look at the front door.

"George? What are you doing here?" I rush to the door, unknowingly dropping my towel.

"I-I just came to check on you. Who is this?" He asks and stares straight at Harry who's leaning his arm against the door frame with a smirk.

"No one. You should go okay? I promise I'll talk to you later." I try to reason with him, but he looks too concerned. I stand a little closer to him than Harry.

"It's been two days Noelle. I know you're hurting, okay? I get it, but come with me. We can spend the day together instead of being holed up in here." His light brown curls move as he nods his head. He seems a bit intimidated by Harry. 

I'm pretty sure George thinks Harry's my one night stand.

I sigh, not sure how to say this any nicer. "I know. I'm sorry I didn't call you these past few days, but I don't want to go with you. I really appreciate it but I already have plans with Harlow."

Harry continues bouncing his eyes back and forth between us, watching the whole conversation play out. He does all of this with that damn grin on his face.

"I don't know what kind of trouble this guy has gotten you into, but as your friend who cares about you, we're leaving." George starts reaching for my wrist, tugging me slightly towards him so my feet fall out of the apartment.

I can feel Harry's presence growing closer to my back, but I focus mainly on releasing George's grip on my hand. It wasn't as hard to get rid of as the man yesterday, but it still took a little effort. I force off his hand and my eyes go wide to the thought of George trying to drag me somewhere when I'm unwilling.

"George stop! What are you doing?" I hold my wrist and rub over the once held area. It's not red or anything, but it still hurt.

"I don't know who you are man, but you stay the hell away from her you understand me?" He ignores me, walking closer to Harry.

He doesn't stand a chance though, Harry is like 6 feet and George looks about 5'9. And then I'm even tinier.

This isn't going to end well if one of them decides to throw a punch.

"She doesn't like you anymore buddy. It's not her it's you. Move on." Harry finally speaks for the first time in the entire conversation. I twirl to face Harry, watching his facial expressions take this whole thing as a joke.

George glares at him from behind me, and Harry lets his lips pull upwards from each corner.

I thread my fingers in my hair and look at both of them like they have the audacity. I won't sit here and be thrown around back and forth any longer.

"Excuse me? I think I'll decide who I want to stay with." I finally step in.

Harry's smirk fades and George's jaw unclenches as soon as I finish my sentence. I tuck a strand of hair in front of my face behind my ear, walking myself back inside. Harry stops leaning against the doorframe when I make my way back inside fully. George stares at the two of us like he's in absolute disbelief.