17

note: before we start, just wanted to show u guys what their looks for the chapter are gonna be. 

 ↓↓↓

I'm excited after a really long time.

Harlow and I convinced the boys to give us a night out considering everything that's been going on. For the past day and a half, they've locked themselves in Harry's office to try and track down where Lethal is now and prevent any other crazy events in the future. We've all promised to be very careful and aware, but I know deep down all of us need this night out.

I've also been secretly doing my own research. Not about Lethal, well kind of. Mostly what their connection to my mom and maybe even George could be. I've texted him so many times. I called him too. There's just no response. I'm worried. But also secretly hoping he just blocked me and he's trying to move on. I don't know what the deal or scene with that is, I just hope he's safe.

I finish up the last touch of lip gloss on my lips as I decide I'm done getting ready. My hair is in tight curls that fall down my back and reach in the middle. There's heavy mascara sitting on my eyelashes and golden earrings that compliment my lace black dress. A last touch of silver heels pull my look together. Whoever's closet this was, that person has great style.

My heels click down the hallway to the top of the stairs. I notice Harry staring at his phone, waiting for me on the couch. His head shoots up to observe my figure. He looks at me head to toe and pulls his lips together in a line.

All he says is, "Cool. Let's go."

I watch Harry's details carefully. He's wearing a maroon-brown loose button down shirt. He's wearing a lot of jewelry. I've seen him wear chains before, but he has rings and multiple chains on his neck. His hair is of course in that stupid side part as usual and he has a little watch on his wrist. He looks nice. Cleaned up. Rather than in the same white or gray t-shirt every day.

Harlow and Niall are already walking towards the car. Niall is wearing something similar to Harry. Except his button down is dark blue with no designs. Harlow's outfit is beautiful too. She stole it from my closet. It's a dark red body-hugging top with gray jeans and a leather jacket on top. We all hop in the car and reach the club shortly after. I can see people laughing and stumbling over their own feet because they're that zooted.

I'm prepared to get wasted.

As soon as my heel touches the concrete floor, Harry offers his hand as we walk inside. Flashing lights and the smell of sweat is the only aroma after entering those two doors.

---

Four drinks down and the room is spinning.

Zayn joined us after a little while and is basically the only one who is not on the dance floor other than Harry. The three of us are just sitting and laughing about all the crazy experiences we've had in our lives. I never would've thought, Harry's actually funny and has seen somewhat of the world. He can make good conversation if he tried and has a really charismatic side to him. Zayn was telling us some stupid stories of his life during med-school. After I've had enough of forensic biologist adventures, I make a suggestion.