23

November 3rd, 2011

Harry Styles

What the hell am I doing?

I push past the large groups of people that are in my way. My vision is slightly blurry but there aren't any tears in my eyes. I'm not sad. I did what was best for me.

This airport was never this crowded. Mom and dad chose this. They wanted to make me move to stupid New York. I don't want to move. I like it here in France. They don't understand. I don't have to have a ton of friends to enjoy myself. I'm fine with sitting in the corner of my class and reading. I don't need to have a swarm of girls to have a strong self esteem.

They think I don't want to talk to anyone. I do honestly. It's just that people don't have anything to say to me. And I don't have anything to them. They want to push me to make friends and shit in New York when I'm perfectly fine here. I get good grades, I'm on the fucking swim team, and I get home as soon as school lets out. I don't see what the problem is.

I scan my eyes around the airport a bit. Where do I go? I don't have a ticket. Or a passport. Or a boarding pass.

I kind of just packed some stuff in my swim duffel bag and fled. The airport's only 10 minutes away from home so it wasn't that difficult to sneak on a bus without a ticket.

There's a buff security guard guy who's tossing his eyes to every corner and crease of this airport. And he's right in front of all the random flights I'm willing to catch. I just need to get out of here. But I can't do that if this guy is looking at me like I murdered his second wife. I notice a woman standing in line for security check. A clatter behind makes my head turn. Some kid dropped his mom's phone on the ground.

I smile in my head and suddenly start running towards the phone. I pick it up and then drop it again. I hover my shoe over it and crush the phone under my shoe. I pretend to look surprised when I find that it's cracked. I start desperately crying and running towards the woman in line. Cold tears run down my cheeks and begin making my face pink.

"Help me find my mom please! I tried calling her on my phone but someone stepped on it when I dropped it. Can you help me?" I continue crying and staring into her blue eyes. Her eyes wash with concern as she tucks a strand of her golden hair behind her ear. She looks to be about 25 or so.

"Oh of course sugar. What's your name?" She bends down to reach my height. American accent? That's odd. Must be a tourist. I expected her to ask me to translate to French, but guess not. Oh well. Less work for me. Her arms slide to my shoulders to express her worry. I almost feel bad. She's nice. Kinda hot too.

"Jeremy." I pour my lips and spit out my answer with no hesitations. More tears well up in my eyes and fall on her hot pink dress. I throw my body against hers to sell it even more, and to my surprise, it works. She embraces me softly and when she lets go a moment later, she speaks.

"Okay Jeremy, let's go talk to that man over there okay?" She refers to the intimidating security guard I'm trying to get by. I bite my lip, almost breaking character. What the hell do I do now? I obviously can't go talk to that guy. She doesn't wait for an answer from me. Her hand starts leading me to him.

I stop in my tracks, leading her to look back at me in confusion. "No, please don't make me. I don't like talking to people."

I rest a hand on my elbow, trying to put across a shy persona.

"Okay sweet thing. You stay right here while I go talk to him okay? How does that sound?" Her hot pink sunglasses start sliding down her head, but I guess she notices in time, because she slides them right back up.