Chapter 1

"I thought we were going to the park?" My daughter Melody asked as I ran around trying to find my keys. I swear, some days I would lose my head if it wasn't attached.

"Monkey, as soon as I find my keys we'll go to the park."

Melody sighed dramatically before turning away. The girl was three and a half feet of pure sass and attitude, but I still loved her with all my heart. She stomped into the kitchen with her long curly brown hair bouncing behind her. I kept searching the couch. Where the hell could I have put those freaking keys. "There," Melody said appearing beside me with my keys in one hand and the other hand on her hip. "Can we go now?"

"Where were they?"

"Fridge on top of the juice." She answered as I took the cold keys from her, "Now let's go." She took my hand and pulled me out the door.

"What has you so excited about the park today?" I asked as I locked the door.

"My friends are going to be there! We have to go!" Melody rolled her eyes as we walked to the car. I was still chuckling as I buckled her into her car seat.

I got into the car and started to drive to the park. "Can I turn on the radio?" I asked.

"No! Sing!" Melody always loved it when I sang. I was a singer when I was younger. Now she's pretty much my only audience.

"Okay, what song are we singing?"

"Ariel song!"

I should have known. I began singing Part of Your World. Melody clapped as she began to sing along. Once she saw The Little Mermaid 2 and discovered that Ariel's daughter was named Melody too, she became obsessed. Not that I minded, I'm a lifelong Disney fan.

We pulled up to the playground in no time. I had barely undone the buckles of her seat belt before she jumped down and ran to the playground. "Hey be careful!" I yelled after her.

"I know Mama!" She yelled back.

I shook my head as I grabbed my bag. I locked up the car and walked over to the playground. I sat on one of the benches to watch Melody play with her friends. After a few minutes, I pulled out my book to start reading.

"Do I have to Dad? I don't know anyone! I'll be all alone." I turned to see a little boy about Melody's age talking to his dad. My heart broke for the boy. I put my book away and started to walk over to see if there was anything I could do to help.

"Hey, you won't be all alone bud. You'll have me." His dad said.

"I don't want to play with you! I want to play with my friends. I want to go back home." The little boy looked to be almost at the point of tears.

I walked over and knelt down beside them. "Hi there, I'm Olive. What's your name?"

"Will." The boy answered looking up at me with clear blue eyes that were filled with tears about to spill. It made me want to do whatever I could to help the little boy.

"So Will, I couldn't help but hear that you didn't know anyone here."

"Dad had to move. I didn't want to go."

Poor kid. I remember having to move as a kid. I hated leaving all my friends. It felt like the end of the world. "I know, moving is the worst, but there is good news for you Will. Would you like to hear the good news?"

"Yes!" He said, a smile breaking out on his face. That's what I like to see.

"The good news is that you get to make all new friends! How awesome is that?"