Chapter 5

I dropped Melody off with my mom about an hour before Reid was due to pick me up. I told my mom that some friends invited me out last minute and she was more than happy to take Melody for the night. However, that hour gave me more time to freak out.

"Okay Olive. It's just a date. Nothing to be scared of. Just your first date since Melody was born. Just pick a fucking outfit!" I had about ten minutes until Reid was due to be here. I was flipping through my closet in just some nice lingerie with my hair and makeup done. I pinched my nose before I took a deep breath. "Relax Olive." I told myself, "You can do this. Casual and relaxed. Keep it simple. That's all you have to do."

I finally settled on blue jeans, a blush shirt with a grey knit sweater on top. I was ready to go with one minute to spare. I was putting on a pair of high-heeled ankle booties when a knock sounded at the door.

I hurried to answer it, double-checking my hair in the mirror, before opening the door. I swear my jaw dropped. A black pair of jeans with a blue button up, rolled up to show off his strong forearms. I wanted to climb that man like a bean pole. Yep. He was a total DILF.

"You look... um... wow." He said.

I blushed, looking down and pushing my hair behind my ear. I wasn't used to compliments and never knew how to answer them. "Thanks. You look, uh, really good." I managed to get out.

"So are you ready to go?"

"Yes!" I said a bit too enthusiastically before I reigned myself back in. "Right... um... let's go." I grabbed my purse before I stepped out of the house and locked the door behind me. I had made sure I knew where my keys were an hour ago. Don't want to embarrass myself on the first date. We walked over to Reid's truck, and he opened the door for me. Once I was seated, Reid closed the door before moving around to get in the driver's side.

We sat there and for the first time ever, I didn't know what to say. All I could hear was the pounding of my heart in my chest. I struggled to come with something, anything really, and then... verbal diarrhea... complete verbal diarrhea. "So are you as unbelievably nervous as I am cause I'm kinda freaking out. I haven't been on a date since Melody was born and it's a lot. I don't even know what to do. What do people talk about on dates? I don't even know. Like should-"

Suddenly Reid's lips were on mine, effectively shutting me up. I relaxed as he tangled his fingers in my hair. All the tension left my body, and it was just me and Reid. He came away, resting his forehead on mine. I couldn't help the blissful smile on my lips. "Sorry, I talk when I'm nervous."

"It's okay. It was cute." He pressed a soft kiss to my lips before he sat back in his seat. He started the car and started driving, "Can I just clarify that this is your first date since Melody was born?"

I blushed in embarrassment, "Yes, it is."

"It's my first date since Will too."

How is that possible? The man is literally perfect. "How have you not been on a date since Will was born?"

I watched as he struggled to keep his eyes on the road as he drove. "I could ask the same of you."

"Hmph. Avoiding the question are we?"

His mouth turned up in amusement as he snuck a glance at me. "I didn't ask, and I said no to those who asked."

"So why me?"

"Seriously? I wanted to ask you out from the moment we met. You are the most stunning woman I've ever met as well as the kindest."

I couldn't help the skeptical look on my face. Did he need glasses? I'm nothing special. I'm literally average in every way. I guess I'm pretty but stunning? Obviously not. "Well, you're the first one to think so."