thirty six

{ happy pride month omg :') you're all so valid ilysm }

[ MESSAGES ]

taylor 🌞

hey rae
when u come back
from the store can u lmk
cause I have to tell u something

sure
I'm almost done :)

ok :)

-

Taylor's POV <3

taylor paced back and forth in her bedroom.

she was anxiously waiting for her older sister to come home.

she had taken a while to finally find the courage to share the news with her sister.

although raelynn already supported her with everything, she couldn't help but worry a little.

coming out was already a big deal to her but now she had to tell her this.

it was really stressful, especially at her age.

but she had to tell her at some point and that was today.

she heard the front door click shut and almost jumped out of her skin.

there was a soft knock on her bedroom door which was followed by a "I'm home!" from rae.

"I'll be out in a minute!" she replied, taking a deep breathe.

she closed her eyes and stood still for a few moments, trying to clear her worries.

taylor opened her bedroom door and cautiously walked out into the hall.

-

Raelynn's POV

raelynn put her phone in her pocket as she continued to check out her items at the self-checkout.

she loaded her things into a shopping bag and left the store, disposing of her receipt on the way out.

she placed the shopping bag gently into the passenger seat of her car and then got in.

as she drove she turned on the radio, listening to whatever songs played. she didn't mind what songs played, she only wanted it on for background noise.

she despised sitting in silence.

once she arrived outside of her apartment complex, she turned her car off and grabbed her bag, heading up to her apartment.

she unlocked the door and shut it closed behind her.

raelynn softly knocked on her sisters door to let her know that she was home and headed over to the kitchen counter.

she started unpacking the brown shopping bag as she waited for her sister to come out and tell her the thing she wanted to tell her.

raelynn took a seat on the sofa and waited.

after a few moments taylor emerged from her room.

raelynn turned her head towards her sister.

"hey, come sit." she said calmly, patting the spot beside her on the sofa.

Taylor walked around the sofa and plopped down beside her sister.

"hi,"

"how are you today?" raelynn asked.

"the same as every other day" she shrugged "what did you do today?" taylor asked, trying to start conversation.

"I went grocery shopping, and then came home and then I forgot something and had to go back to the store, which you already know. but other than that I didn't really so anything."

taylor nodded along as her sister spoke.

"what about you?" raelynn asked.

taylor shrugged.

"I talked to my.... girlfriend..."

"oh," raelynn nodded. "wait, back up."

"hm?"

"girlfriend? when did you get a girlfriend?"

"like, a month ago, that's what I was planning to tell you today."

raelynns face lit up as she pulled her younger sister into a hug.

"yay!! I'm so happy for you!" raelynn exclaimed, a huge grin on her face.

"you got a partner before I did!" raelynn sighed.

taylor laughed at her sister.

"what's their name?"

"their name is Summer! they use she/they pronouns but she likes the term girlfriend better than partner or any other ones."

"oh wow, when can I meet her?"

"not yet." taylor shrugged.

"oh, well they're welcome here anytime."

"thank you, rae"

"for what?"

"being so supportive all of the time."

"well yeah, it's the bare minimum, of course."

taylor smiled and pulled her sister into another hug.

she felt safe and secure when she was with her.

happy
pride
🌈

you guys are all
so important and cared for.

if any of you are planning to
come out this month, please make sure
that you are safe to do so.
I know it sucks that we even have to come out in the first place but I would rather you guys be safe in your environment than anything else.

you're valid, so valid. ily and happy pride

drink water
and eat food
and take your meds if you take meds.

I am always here if you need to vent, you can dm me on here and vent. I'm not the best at responding but i will listen and try my best to reassure you. reminder that there are also other people out there willing to listen <3

tysm :)