fourty four

karl opened the car door for raelynn and helped her out of the car.

he had taken her to a large park.

it was right before sunset and the park was empty.

he lead her inside the gate.

raelynn admired her surroundings as karl lead her along a path.

"it's really pretty here."

"yeah," karl agreed, smiling at the girl.

he took her to a small clearing beside a river where there was a picnic blanket set up along with a basket.

"did you set this up already?" she asked, sitting down on the blanket.

"yeah!" he grinned, sitting down beside her.

the two just sat in silence for a few seconds, admiring eachother and the surroundings. all that could be heard was the chirping of birds and the soft river noises.

"I don't know how many times I've said this but seriously, raelynn. you are really pretty." he said, mindlessly staring at the girl.

raelynn smiled and hid her face. she could feel her cheeks growing red.

"thank you for bringing me here karl. it's really cool." she squeaked.

"of course. a cool girl deserves to go to a cool place for a cool date."

"that's alot of cools."

"yeah, cool is a cook word."

raelynn laughed.

"you're so cute." she stated.

it was Karl's turn to hide his face.

the two spent the next ten minutes bickering about who was the cuter one. cheesy.

"enough cheesiness!" she laughed.

"you're right. enough cheesiness." he said, opening the basket and pulling out a cheese sandwich.

raelynn burst out laughing

"what the heck? was that a planned pun?"

"I dunno how it could've been planned if I didn't know you were going to say something about cheese. but I'm going to say yes anyway to seem smart." karl joked

"oh wow,"

~

raelynns head rested on Karl's shoulder as the two watched the sunset.

sunsets were one of the best things in life to raelynn. she remembers always studying when the sun was supposed to set and staying outside until it happened when she was a kid.

and now she was sharing the experience with another one of the best things in life.

karl wrapped his arm around raelynns shoulder and rested his chin on her head.

"I like this." he muttered into her hair.

"me too. I wish we could stay like this forever." raelynn sighed.

"we could."

"but we can't."

"yes we can."

"what?"

"raelynn." he said, reaching for her jaw and moving her head so that she was looking at him.

"karl." she responded

"can I be your boyfriend?"

"only if I can be your girlfriend." she smiled.

karl giggled and pecked raelynn on the lips.

she couldn't explain the happiness she was feeling at this very moment.

she cupped Karl's cheek with her hand and pulled him back in for a kiss.

she could feel him smile against her lips as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

they both pulled out of the kiss and grinned at eachother.

"karl I think I love you." raelynn admitted.

"I think I love you too, rae."

the end ;(
i know you probably weren't expecting this to be the end but it is! i had alot of fun writing this book and seeing everyone's positive comments.

I love you all so much :')

I am writing a dream
book atm so if you're interested then I'll see you there :) but if not then that's okay too.

have a nice day/night :)))