4 | Trouble

A peaceful week passed in Hogwarts despite a prisoner from Azkaban set on loose, everyone was quite enjoying the pleasant weather and new arrangements in school

The new defence teacher was liked by all, except a few slytherins and the potion master but besides them one particular had taken a quick disliking towards him, El. She always found herself under the stares of the new professor which was rather uncomfortable and annoying to her. But by trying to ignore she eased the urge to explode at him.

Right now the Slytherins and Gryffindors of third years were gathered in the potion class in the dungeons. Professor Snape assigned everyone tasks for preparing different potions. El and Sam sat together, Sam cutting the ingredients of the potion while El was busy flipping pages nonchalantly. She hated potions and was also hopeless, last year she attained a 'D' in the subject. The potion master held a certain disliking towards her and vice versa, the reasons were always unknown.

At the other end of the room a clumsy gryffindor boy was finding it hard to brew the potion assigned to him causing a lot of disturbment in the class room. Suddenly his cauldron exploded startling the whole class. The pieces of his cauldron scattered in whole class, the slytherin roared in laughter, the loudest being Draco Malfoy and Marcus kingston. El hated both of them and also she was getting a lot of Marcus in the past few days, as to say in El's words the boy never missed any opportunity to annoy her. Due to the loud chaos in class the potion master paced towards the gryffindor boy fuming.

"You idiot boy, cant even do a simple task!" He snarled at his face making the boy whimper.

"And you Ms. Granger how you wish to be the insufferable know-it-all of the class I am well aware you were hissing instructions in this stupid boys ear." He snarled at the bushy girl too she looked at the verge of breakdown, El pitied the girl at this moment, although she didnt like any member of the golden trio at all.

"You boy, out of my class now!" Professor Snape yelled at the boy kicking him out of the class. El balled her fists in order to control herself.
This man is unbelievable. El thought to herself with gritted teeth. The slytherins were still snickering on the clumsy boy.

Meantime the potion master was checking everyone's cauldron who had prepared their potions. In El's case most of the work was done by Sam and upon reaching their desk Professor Snape eyed the potion with pure distaste. It was not a matter of concern he hated everything around him, the two girls were waiting for him to say something.

"I see the potion is prepared averagely and I am quite sure Jones did all the work, right Osborne?" Professor Snape said bitterly with a smug look. El felt like punching him but controlled herself.

"No Professor, I have provided my help in the equal amount." El lied with her chin high giving him a challenging look.

"Very well then you must be aware of the ingredients dont you?" Snape said, El clenched her jaw.