Chapter 3

"You like Corbyn?" I heard a voice come from behind me. It was my friend Melissa. How did she know?

"Uh why do you say that?" I asked.

"Franny told me. And I told Hailey, who told Isabel, who told Matt, who told Asher." She explained.

"What!?" I was mad. Once Asher knows something, the whole school will find out about it, including Corbyn.

"D-does Corbyn know?" I asked.

"Not yet I don't think."

I nodded and walked away, going to my next class, hoping Corbyn wouldn't find out. If he did my life would be over.

*********

I was sitting in the library during study hall with Franny and Melissa. Corbyn, Daniel, Matt and John also happened to be there.

"Hey, Y/n, look." Melissa pointed to her computer screen. I looked over at what she had typed. It was an email addressed to.. Corbyn? I read the email. It said:

Hi Corbyn. Y/n is in love with you. Ok bye.

I laughed, thinking it was a joke.  There was no way she would send that. My smile dropped when she clicked the send button.

"Why would you do that?" She just giggled.

I ran over to where Corbyn was sitting. "If you get an email from Melissa, It's not true. It's a joke." And I ran back to my seat. That was a close one.

*******

I stood by my locker, packing up my notebooks and binders for the day. I was in a good mood, until I saw Asher, Matt, John, and another kid named Neil, walk over to Corbyn.

I overheard part of their conversation. Asher was the one talking. "Hey, Corbyn. Have you heard the news about Y/n?"

"Uh, what about her?" Corbyn asked.

I couldn't bear to hear anymore of the conversation. I sprinted down the hall. I hated this. He was going to find out I liked him and it would be horrible.

I never knew what else happened or what was discussed and I'd rather keep it that way.

**********

I ignored Corbyn for the next couple days. I avoided seeing him. I couldn't do it, not now that he knew.

One night, I was on my phone watching youtube, when a got a text from an unknown number...

Unknown: Hi

Me: Who is this?

Unknown: Oh sorry, it's Corbyn Besson, you probably know me from school

Corbyn was texting me??

Me: Oh, Hi Corbyn. How did you get my number?

Corbyn: A friend gave it to me.

Corbyn: I just wanted to ask you a question.

Corbyn: Do you actually like me or is it just a rumor?

No. I knew this was gonna happen. I text Franny, Haliey, and Melissa but none of them responded.  I sighed and text Corbyn back.

Me: I do actually like you, I'm sorry if thats weird or it makes you uncomfortable, but it is true.

Corbyn: Nah, your fine, I'm fine with you liking me

That's a weird way to phrase it, I thought.

Corbyn: Okay, I have to go. Early bedtime lol, bye Y/n.

Me: Bye Corbyn

That just happened.

Corbyn POV:

I've been at this new school for a while now. Six months I think. When I first got here I saw this girl in my band class, she was so pretty. I kept looking at her during one of our concerts, but she saw me and I got worried she would think I was a creep. I promise I'm not. I became pretty close with Daniel Seavey. He's so talented, I wish I was half as talented as him, but he's a great friend. A while ago asher and a bunch of other kids approached me said Y/n likes me. There's no way that could be true though. She barely knows me and I'm just the new, skinny, weird kid. I doubt she likes me. But one day I decided to get her number, Daniel gave it to me. I think he knew I had a thing for her. I spent about an hour thinking about what to say, and finally just said hi. We started talking a lot and it was great. But then everyone found out. We got made fun of, we never talked or hung out. I missed seeing her because we would avoid each other sometimes. Then the end of the year came, and everything changed.

Middle School Is Where It All Startsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें