Chapter 21

I sprinted out to my car and quickly pulled out of the driveway almost hitting the garbage cans and the mailbox. I didn't care. I had to hurry.

Flashback
8 years ago...
I wrapped up the gift I got for Y/n. I was going to give it to her, and I saw her walking in my direction, but her friends were with her. I chickened out. I put it in her locker with the card I made. Merry Christmas Y/n.

A day earlier she had made me a card too, with the logo of my favorite baseball team, the LA Dodgers, on the front of it. She gave me a huge chocolate bar. And I mean it's huge. She also gave me a land yard keychain she made. It's blue and green, two of my favorite colors. I just got her some candy because I didn't know what else to get.

I saw her open her locker and I ran away and went to lunch. I saw her come down to lunch and she looked at me while eating the skittles I got her. She smiled a little and I smiled back. It was a pretty good Christmas.

Present Day
I sat in the waiting room, holding the keychain she made for me 8 years ago. I played with it, rolling it back and forth between my fingers.

"Corbyn Besson?" A nurse called.

"Yes that's me." I stuffed the keychain in my pocket and jumped up, walking over to the nurse as quickly as I could.

"Room 1326." she said.

I nodded and practically sprinted to the room. I opened the door slowly, and peaked inside. There she was. Y/n was laying on a hospital bed, asleep, but alive. Machine beeped and surrounded her, tubes were in her nose, she was covered in bruises and cuts, and her legs were in casts. I walked over to her and held her hand.

"Hey." I choked out. I started crying a little. "I know you're in there somewhere, and just listen to me. I love you so much, I don't know what I would've done  if I," I took a deep breath, "if I lost you. So take your time, get your beauty sleep." I laughed a little. "And wake up and come back to me" I just held her hand and rested my head on her hospital bed.