Chapter 27

Chapter 27

               I yawn and stretch my limbs lazily on the bed. The warmth of the sun woke me up, straining me from slipping into another deep slumber. My hand lazily roam through the thick duvet, searching for another familiar warmth that now I’m missing. Maybe that warmth can slip me into the wild dreams I just had, again. My warm smile turns into a deep frown when I find that there’s no one beside me on the bed. I can’t help but think, is Luke still mad at me for not straightly agreeing to join the pack? Doesn’t he understands?

Well of course he won’t. Who would understand if their own mate refuses to join their pack, that’s like the basic!

My wolf suddenly snaps at me. You should damn know I hate to be mad in the morning, you so claimed you were me!

Well I’ve learned your anger through time. I’m not scared that you’re mad. Actually, I’m not scared of you at all!

My wolf just laughs back at me cruelly. I swear to god, I’ve got the most annoying wolf on earth. And what’s worth is that it’s a thing I get just because I was born. This is just GREAT!

You know that I know that that’s sarcastic!

My wolf wince and sulk to her own self and I can’t help but radiate this anger more on more, now that to think about it, Luke has no such right to be mad at me! I have every right on earth to choose what I want to, for god’s sake! This is a free country! I CAN DO-

“It’s so weird. One minute I felt you becoming insecure, then another, you’re just in pure rage.”

Suddenly Luke says, out of nowhere. I am now sitting on the bed- a result from all the rage. I turn to see Luke leaning against the doorframe with that sexy smile of his. I should just get over it through time, but honestly, I think I won’t. Luke walks into the room and head to the closet, coming out just seconds after that with a coat that is only half tucked into his arms and a tie dangling at the collar of his white button up shirt.

“Where did you go? And where are you going?” I ask, the questions pouring out of me.

“Well, a member of the pack called me just now, really early in the morning. So sorry for leaving you alone this morning. I have a lot of things to do today, matters related to the pack that needs solving. I’ve been away for too long, now that I’m back, I think I have to take care of them.” He explains to me.

“You know? You don’t have to explain things like that to me. You’re the alpha and I was in a pack before, I would know it if you just said it was a matter related to the pack, full stop.” I say at him, looking really annoyed. It’s like, he thinks I’m a 5 years old kid that needs thorough explanation and I’m not.

“You seem moody this morning.” He says swiftly with an amused smile upon his face, like it’s not scarring my pride already.