Chapter 13

Walker's POV

New day, hopefully no more weirdness, like yesterday, I think is as just put of of yesterday, yeah that's totally what happened.

"Walker, Ella will be here soon, get up!" Alex shouted .

What, why?!

"Why?!" I shouted back

"Cause I invited her over!" She shouted again.

Ugh, she could gave me a warning.

I decided to get up, and get ready, of course not just because she was coming, just because I actually wanted to.

After I got ready I went downstairs to the living room.

"Finally, Ella's gonna be here soon" Alex said once she saw me come down.

"Mhm" I said as I walked past her into the kitchen.

A few minutes later I heard the doorbell ring. I walked out of the kitchen and stood in the doorway, as Alex went to open the door. When she did there stood Ella, looking not like herself. She looked upset, like she did yesterday.

"Hi! Are you ok, you look upset?" Alex asked her, seeing her look.

"Yeah, just had a tough night" She replied.

I then remembered yesterday and how she was basically crying while she was on the phone. Maybe whatever happened yesterday is what is upsetting her now. Wait why do I even care?

"Walker!" Alex yelled snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh, what" I said

"We're going to the backyard, you coming ?" She asked me.

"Oh uh yeah sure" I said following behind them.

We went to the Backhouse and started hanging out.

Ella was also being unusually quite today and not messing with me at all. Not that I'm complaining though.

"Guys I'm gonna go inside real quick, I'll be right back" Alex said getting up and leaving the room, leaving me and Ella alone.

"So what's up with you today" I asked her breaking the tension in the room.

"Why do you even care" She said back quietly.

"I don't know I just do" I answered back without really thinking about it. When she didn't say anything, I figured I should talk to her about yesterday. "Ok, if you don't want to tell me, can we at least talk about yester-" I got cut off by her phone ringing.

"I need to take this" She said starring at her phone, getting up from the couch and leaving the Backhouse.

I could somewhat hear her talking from the other side of the door. It sounded like muffled crying sound.

I was about to get up and check on her, I don't know why but I just wanted to, but  just when I was about to get up, she came back in the room, eyes red and puffy and she looked like she was still crying.

"Oh jeez, you ok?" I asked her as she walked over to to the couch. She didn't respond to me. "Ella"

"What!" She snapped.

"Are you ok" I asked again.

"What do you care" She spat back, sniffling and with tears still coming from her eyes.

"I don't know, but I do, are you gonna tell me or-" I started.

"Can you just stop, for once please!" She cried. I've never seen her like this before.