Chapter 3

After they all took my family and left, I sneaked out of the bathroom. Everything was so neat like no one ever was here. I broke down. I started to cry my heart out and scream at the top of my lungs to let the frustration out but the tears started burning my face so I had to stop crying.

I had no one to go to now. The Alpha was always angry with me and the reason, I myself didn't know. Maybe that was the reason they ignored me. I still had to study and for that, I had to learn to stand on my own feet.

I got up, wiped my tears away, and walked to the bathroom to get the first-aid kit. Using damped cotton, I wiped away the dry blood, put some Dettol, and lastly, put cream on my scar. 

Damn, I looked worse than before. A lot uglier. I wasn't really pretty but now I was ugly which scared me. How will I ever face the world? No, I have to stay strong.

I went out and the emptiness and the silence of the house chewed me. For a 6-year-old girl, I was quite smart and hardworking. Now, the first thing which came to my mind was to figure out a way to earn money if I had to survive alone. I remembered my father keeping money in his lockers for our future. I guess this would be the time to use that. 

I could be able to survive without food for 2-3 days, so the money would most probably go as my fees. And if it is less, then the house stuff is useless. I'd make it useful.

-----------

"Zoey Morrison?" Mr. Laritate announced as I reached the classroom door panting heavily.

"Present, Sir," I said and walked towards my chair. I could feel everyone's creepy stares on me but I decided to ignore them. Even Mr. Laritate was giving me a disgusting look.

"Eew, what happened to her? She was ugly before but now she's the Queen of ugliness." I heard Diana whisper to her friend.

Diana was a really beautiful girl with long, blonde hair and mesmerizing blue eyes that could make any boy fall at his knees. But she wasn't the really kindest girl I knew. She loved to bully people, people like me.

"You know something, Zoey? You're so ugly, when your mom dropped you off at school today, she was fined for littering."  And everybody burst into laughter, including Mr. Laritate. Hearing my mom's name brought tears to my eyes but I quickly blinked them away and gave a fake smile to everyone.

"Just look at this bitch. She's smiling at her own insult. She has no shame." I heard Mr. Laritate speak and my smile faded away. I couldn't bear the pain anymore and just ran out of the class to the girl's toilet.

I locked myself in a cubicle and started crying badly but the scar burned again. How will I survive all this?

'You can, dear. You can.' I heard a voice inside my head.

"Who's there?" I asked out loud.

'Your mother, sweetie. You can survive. You are my daughter, my strong, beautiful daughter. You can survive any pain. Your the strongest girl I know, sweetie.' 

"Mommy. Come back." I sobbed.

'I can't, sweetie. You'll have to learn to survive without us.'

"I miss you all so much!" I cried out loud and the bell rang, indicating it's my lunch break.

'We miss you too.' A unison of three voices rang in my head. I knew it was my mom, dad, and dada.

I didn't realize I just skipped 4 classes just sitting here and crying. Leaving the cubicle, I washed my face and made my way towards the cafeteria. On my way, and even when I entered the cafeteria, I could feel all the disgusting, dirty, creepy, and horrible looks everyone was giving me like I was walking trash. 

I had made myself a sandwich in the morning so I went to the farthest corner of the cafeteria and sat at the table where no one ever sits. I quietly ate my lunch and I could hear the dirty whisperings around me.

--------------

~10 years later~

10 years. A long time isn't it? And in my life, nothing changed. Just that I grew up to 16 now and I was in high school. I would hear things about my pack from here and there and I heard the Alpha of our pack is soon going to hand over his title to his son, Blade Black. 

I had never met Blade before, nor I had seen him but from what I heard, he was really handsome and already in love with Diana. He was 18 and was going to shift to his wolf real soon and then given the Alpha title.

2 days were left for his birthday to arrive. I was a member of the pack too but I was not there. I was invisible, as if dead. No one bothered if I wasn't present around them but it always mattered if I was. Everyone would just tell me to go away and that I creeped them out.

In the last 10 years, the bullying on me doubled and people would just spit at me while passing by. I had found a job near my house picking up the trash from the roads and sidewalks. Every day, I would get comments like 'hey ugly, you should throw yourself in the dustbin first' and 'you're the main cause of pollution while working. I was now habituated to these insults.

I had to sell everything in my house to get money for my fees because the money I earned just filled my living needs. Now, after all these years, I just had hope and faith in one thing. Which can help me survive this disaster.

My mate...

-X-X-X-

Hi guys, so I hope you like my story. Please do vote and comment.. #Loadslove.