23- Escape

Two days later, two royals had submitted. Elara submitted first, willingly and happily. Her daughters refused to follow in her footsteps. Kale submitted next, a little reluctantly.

That day, Lena had gone to the moon pool to get blessings from the goddess and per tradition, Hala had to accompany her. Kathy was sprawled on the bed with Miah and her cousins. 

"Mother and uncle Kale submitted already, what happens next? The worst thing to happen is for you or aunt Hala to submit. We would soon run out of royals," Nila told Kathy as they sat on the bed. The mind bond and their elements still didn't work as Lena kept on releasing bits and bits of molten moon vine into the air. 

"I have an idea but Triton would not hear of it," Miah said in a low voice. It was the first time she was saying something since the girls came into Kathy's room. 

Lena and her party were at the moon pool with Hala who was accompanied by Aerial for protection. 

"What is it?" Zena asked. 

"I was asked to join the maids in cleaning the stables when I came across a back door leading to the back of the castle. Remember Luna told us that the back of the castle has a door only visible to royals. That door leads to the four borders. So, I was thinking, what if we get some scouts out through the door and they would go get help? I volunteered to go as powers don't work on me but Triton would not hear of it," Miah explained with everyone's attention on her. No wonder Kathy could not read Miah's emotions. 

"That way we can get help from the wolves," Nila added.

Kathy nodded, a plan already forming in her head. She had not been able to get what Cynthia told her off her mind. 

"What border do we share with the royal wolf pack?" Kathy asked, laying out her plan in her head. 

"The southern border," Zena replied. 

"Are any of you on stable duty tomorrow?" Kathy asked as that was the most important key to her plans. 

"Nila is," Miah told her. 

"What are you planning?" Zena asked in a suspicious tone and the rest of the girls turned to look at Kathy. 

"Nothing any of you should bother yourselves with. All I need is for you to switch duties with me tomorrow." The last part was said directly to Nila who nodded in agreement. 

"I know you have something planned and that we won't be able to talk you out of it but please be careful," Zena said to her and she smiled. 

"I will. All we have to do is wait until tomorrow and try not to act too suspicious," Kathy told them and they nodded. Then a knock was heard on the door. 

Miah opened the door and Calypso came in. Kathy rolled her eyes, of course, it was him. He strode in like he owned the place. 

"Fiery Princess, come with me," he said and all the girls turned to Kathy. She shook her head as if telling them not to bother asking. 

She followed him out of the room without a word. No like she had another choice. She still kept her distance, not wanting to be too close to him ever since his behavior the other day. 

"What do you want?" She asked, breaking the ice. 

"My Queen wants you," he told her and they fell into an uncomfortable silence till they got to the Queen's room. 

They entered the room after a quick knock. Lena however, wasn't alone. She was with someone Hala who sat beside Lena, looking like she would rather be anywhere but there.